Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Week's best on TV July 24

Views: 3014  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-24-2009, 02:38 PM

Default Week's best on TV July 24

Puneet Tejwani’s plans: Puneet Tejwani, who is Shlok in Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, has finished shooting for his role in the show. But the actor can’t relax yet as he has two films in his kitty.

“I finished shooting on Monday (July 20). After a two-week break, I will start shooting for my new movie. I can’t give you details about it, but I am playing the lead and first schedule be here in Pune. We will shoot few songs abroad.”

The actor has already finished shooting for another movie, a thriller called is Aaja Gunaah Karle. “It is a story of four guys, there is no female leads. Varun Badola, Rajesh Sriganrpure and a newcomer, Ganesh, are in the film. The film is ready for release and will be in theatres within two-three months,” he adds.

Puneet did a cameo in Bidaai, where he played the brother of Malti (Ashita Dhawan) who came from abroad and treated mentally ill Alekh (Angad Hasija). His character left the show on Tuesday (July 21).

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-24-2009, 02:38 PM

Hina Khan gets emotional: Hina Khan, who plays Akshara in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, and her on-screen mother, played by Laata Sabarwal, got emotional while shooting the wedding sequence between Akshara and Naitik.

The reason is that after this sequence, the sets will change and shooting will move to a new location.“It was quite obvious that we were emotional. The cast and crew of the show have always been more like a family for me. I will miss everyone, especially Sanjeev and Laata. I will be shooting with different people. I gave my first shot on this set, so it is very special to me. I’ve had such a good time here.”

Shooting the wedding sequence has affected the actress at a personal level, and she felt like she was actually going through everything. “My mother has seen my marriage sequence. She liked it a lot and even she cried when I called her.” Hina’s wedding outfit was very heavy, but she was okay with it, as she believes you have to pay a price to look good.

The actress has not only been shooting, she is also sitting for her final year management exams. “I am somehow managing to study. I gave my first paper yesterday, it was fine .There are four more papers to go, so I have not shot the bidaai sequence yet.”From August onwards, Hina will start shooting at the new sets.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:40 PM

Innocent Ichcha turns tapori: Cute and innocent Ichcha of Uttaran enters the world of the Sanjeevani doctors as a patient named Sweety in Star One’s Dil Mil Gaye.

Sparsh’s mother, Sarita spoke to us about it: “Sparsh is seen playing a very naughty and dominating kid, Sweety, who has recently been admitted to Sanjeevani. The character always has a pink teddy bear in one hand and a stick in the other.”

Sarita says the new character is completely different from the one she played in Uttaran. “Sweety and Ichcha are in complete contrast. You will see Sparsh doing bhaigiri, because this kid has no manners. Sweety is admitted to the children’s ward and creates trouble all over Sanjeevani,” she says. “Kids have been introduced on the show for the first time to add a different flavour. There is a gang of 8-10 kids who are troubling the doctors.” The mother adds, “This will be a cameo, but if the track goes well, it might be extended.”
Old 07-24-2009, 02:40 PM

Vinny Arora enters Swarg: Vinny Arora, who played the character of mentally challenged Urmi in Aathva Vachan, has bagged a new role in Maat Pita Ke Charno Main Swarg. She will play the character of Gayatri.

Rajan Shahi, who is making the show, called Vinny for an audition. “He had seen my work in the past. So he called and said he had a role for me. I went for an audition, they gave me a narration to do, and within two days I started shooting for the show. I just loved my role. She is a bubbly 18-year-old student, who is pampered by the whole household but still has her values in place. It is a very real character and different from what I have done in my previous show.”

The young actress was quite apprehensive on day one. “It was a new set-up and everyone here is older and more experienced. But Rajan sir came over and met me personally on the sets when I started shooting. He narrated my track and made me feel comfortable. I’ve made friends now and don’t feel like I’m acting,” she says. “I had seen a few episodes of the show before joining it and I liked it. My mother follows it and was happy to know that I got such a big role. She came on the sets with me and she too liked the atmosphere. I am getting to learn a lot from everyone.” Vinny just got the results of her Class 12 exams and scored 63%.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Laali becomes Thakuraain: Zee TV’s Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, which has consistently kept viewers’ interest, will soon introduce another interesting track, where Laali (Ratan Rajput) will be seen as the Chhoti Thakuraain (Shekhar’s wife) of the Thakur family.

A source says, “Laali has left her Ganesiya and has finally come back to the haveli. This will be followed by an interesting twist, where the Thakur family will treat Laali like their daughter-in-law. Loha Singh, who is the main thakur, is under the impression that Laali is pregnant with Shekhar’s (Chhote Thakur’s) son. So, he decides that Laali will be given special treatment, as she is now the Choti Thakuraain and not Siddheshwari.”

Meanwhile, Siddheshwari will be locked up and isolated in a dark room. “Laali, however, is unaware of this and does not know why she is being treated differently. It should be noted that Laali and Shekhar will not get married.”

Abhishek Rawat, who plays Shekhar, tells us, “Shekhar loves his wife, Siddheshwari, but has a soft spot for Laali also; it’s not love, but he feels really bad for Laali. Shekhar and Laali will not be getting married, but Laali will get special treatment and given the status of his wife. However, in the future, Shekhhar will begin to fall in love with Laali.”
Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Entertainment to start in September: After the first season of Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega on Sony TV did extremely well, anxious fans will get to see season two in September.

An Indya source told us that the show’s format will not change. Vishal Malhotra, one of the hosts, says, “The format will be the same but as responses have been good, we will try to do the second season on a grander scale. Mona and I will personally go and pick up excellent talent from all over the country. The scale of the show will be bigger.”

He added, “We will not run the show because it’s doing well, we will shoot only for particular episodes and those will really be worth watching. Then we’ll take a break and then come back with its new season again, so that people don’t get bored.”

From his experience in the first season, Vishal says the level of talent was inspiring. “There were so many acts that left me speechless. People from small towns all over the country came on with such unique and amazing talents,” he says. “The one that fascinated me the most was this woman who could eat chillies effortlessly. Not just that, she actually made a chilli paste and applied it all over her body. Nothing happened to her! Things like this would impress every person as it shows the extent of passion that people have towards their work.”

Tags
weeks top tv news

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->