Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Week’s best on TV - July 13 to17

Views: 2575  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-17-2009, 05:02 PM

Default Week’s best on TV - July 13 to17

A weekly round-up of all the happenings in telly land.

Ram and Sita in a new show?
Gurmeet Chaudhary and Debina Bonnerjee, who played Ram and Sita in Ramayan, will soon be seen in a new show in which they play a couple again.

“It is still being planned. We have been offered a show, but we haven’t signed it as yet. When we do, we will let you know about it.” The show is supposed to be about children and both the actors, who are in the lead roles, will be taking care of the kids.

For the moment, Debina and Gurmeet are just enjoying their spare time. “We have been attending classes together, action classes, dance classes, and we even go to the gym together. We are looking for really unique roles,” says Debina. Debina says that the couple is not interested in doing another mythological show, but is definitely interested in movies. The new show will be finalised in a couple of weeks, until when Debina hopes to enjoy some time off.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-17-2009, 05:03 PM

Jasveer Kaur to re-enter Betiyann
Jasveer Kaur, familiar to many as Pavitra in Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyann, re-entered the show last week but is yet to shoot with other members of the cast because she was out of town.

“I was in Kolkata for work, so the shoot has been pushed to July 15. I shot my entry scenes for two days before I left and will resume tomorrow with rest of the cast,” she says. “I was missing everything and hope to have a great time with them. My scenes air on Thursday I think.”

The actress hopes to do something different in her second stint on the show. “I do not know if my character will have a drastic change, but I am making sure that I will do it differently. I want to improve as an actor.”

As for Betiyann, Jasveer’s on-screen husband Romit Raj (Yuvraj) is reportedly leaving the show. “I am not aware of this. If he is really leaving, then it is sad. I started Betiyann with him and will miss him on the sets. I would always pull his leg and had fun shooting with him.”
Old 07-17-2009, 05:04 PM

Rajeev Khandelwal on Sach Ka Saamna
As anticipation builds up towards the premiere of Sach Ka Samna, we speak to Rajeev Khandelwal, the man who will take people through their agnipariksha.

“This is very exciting. The concept of the show is something that just clicked with me. I would not want to miss out on something interesting that was offered to me. When I look back on my life, I want to say that I at least made an effort to do things that were not run of the mill. If Siddharth Basu (Synergy Adlabs) had not insisted that I watch episodes of the international show, Moment of Truth, I would have not accepted the offer.”

“It is a very different show, so we did not have too many mock episodes as it is about the lives of people. The Synergy team worked with me for hours together. I would pretend to be the contestant and they would create the scenario. Sometimes I could not simulate real emotions but they would still take me through the ups and downs and make me comfortable with probable situations. I also learnt a lot about language, voice modulation, and expressing emotions.”

“I am not working with her and haven’t met her in two years. She is very happy with her life. If I meet her, I will be friends with her. There are thousands of other things I am doing in my life now.” The actor, now presenter, admits that he would not want to be on the hot seat himself, as he is not ready to talk about his personal life. He also says that the show has been toned down a bit for Indian sensibilities, culture and traditions.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:04 PM

Vikas Mankatala back to work
Vikas Mankatala, who disappeared after his stint as Hooda in Sab TV’s Left Right Left, is finally back on TV, in Kailash Kher’s latest music video. “In the video, I am in completely different avatar from that of Hooda. The journey has been very refreshing. I play a Rajasthani guy and I simply loved the integrity of the character, why is why I took up this project.”

The actor adds, “I look very different, my accessories and footwear are very interesting. I did a lot of research for this. I went to Rajasthan and closely observed people there. By God’s grace, it came out pretty well.” Vikas tells us about his future plans. “I’ve done an English musical which will be releasing next month. The whole story is narrated through music. The story is about a girl of today who meets all the wrong men before finding her Mr. Right, me.”

Vikas has been getting good reactions for his music video and is waiting for something exciting to come his way.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:05 PM

Vibha is super-excited
Apart from the thrill of getting married on both her shows, Vibha Anand of Balika fame has another reason to smile these days - a brand new car.

“I had wanted a car for a long time but couldn’t buy one due to various reasons. Now that I’ve finally bought it, I am super excited about it!” says the actress. “It is a silver-coloured Chevrolet Spark and I got it on July 4. I took a lot of time while selecting it; the one thing I really like is that it has these round headlights which look very cute.”

It was Vibha’s father who picked up the car as she was busy shooting. “I was shooting for Shree and was in my make-up room when my dad arrived. I couldn’t control my excitement; I jumped up and rushed off to see my Spark. This is special because I bought it with my own hard-earned money.”

However, it turns out, Vibha doesn’t know how to drive yet. “I have a driver and since I have my own car, travelling has become much easier. I desperately want to learn how to drive but I need a license first,” she laughs.

Tags
weeks best

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->