Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

I fear dadisa - Pratyusha Banerjee

Views: 3230  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Award Winner

Default I fear dadisa - Pratyusha Banerjee

At 19, Kolkata girl Pratyusha Banerjee has landed one of the most coveted roles in the history of television - Anandi of Balika Vadhu. The actress claims it to be her first brush with acting. The girl realised that acting is her true calling after she performed in a play called Aashad Ka Ek Dinn, two years ago. Expectedly, she takes it as a golden opportunity and is desperate to live upto the expectations of the viewers.

How does it feel to have become the new Anandi?
I feel like I am on top of the world. I will make sure that I do complete justice to the opportunity I have landed up with. I am going to give in my 100 percent to the show.

Are you going to be any different from the younger Anandi?
The foundation of the character remains the same, that is, I will be the same Anandi who is chirpy and talkative but the grown-up version is quite poised and soft spoken. She will be more responsible towards her husband and family

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Award Winner

Have you done any show before Balika Vadhu?
No. This is the first time I am facing the camera.

Are you nervous?
I am not nervous but excited
Award Winner

Tell us a bit about your background?
I am a Bengali and belong to Jamshedpur. I have done my schooling in Kolkata at St. Xaviers and am currently pursuing my graduation in commerce. I am trained dancer in Kathak and I sing too. I have participated in various competitions in school and college. I am the only child of my parents. This is the first time I have come down to Mumbai.

Did you ever imagine yourself as Anandi?
You won’t believe but yes I did imagine myself as Anandi. I actually had imagined being a part of the show and used to think how would it be like to play Anandi when she grows up
Award Winner

Why do you think people chose you?
I think I am quite similar to Anandi and the character stays in me somewhere. So people chose me. Also I am very chirpy and talkative like Anandi.
How did you get in touch with the production house?
I had forwarded my portfolio to the production house and that is how I got the offer. This was followed by a round of auditions and I was so happy to don the Marwari costume and jewellery and was so amazed at my reflection in the mirror. I looked so different
Award Winner

It’s going to be a challenging task for you as Anandi has done her bit for the show?
Yes, it is indeed very challenging. Viewers have voted for me and chose me to become the new fac e of Anandi among the three girls. I am very thankful to him and I would give in my best to impress them and meet their expectations.
What do you have to say about stern dadisa?
I fear dadi sa a lot. I havent met her as yet but have been told that she is very calm, nice and composed in real life

Tags
balika vadhu., pratyusha banerjee

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->