Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Latest Television news right here! @ 07.07.2009

Views: 5004  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-07-2009, 01:49 PM

Default Latest Television news right here! @ 07.07.2009

Cinevistaas' supernatural thriller on Sahara One, Shubh Kadam recently completed 175 episodes for which a party was organized yesterday night at the Gabbana, Bandra.

Talking about Shubh Kadam, Producer Siddharth Malhotra, looking neat in a white kurta says, "We had a contractual obligation to do 260 episodes and we have already reached 175 episodes. I hope to go beyond the contractual amount of episodes to deliver them more than they asked."

Recently, the story line of Shubh Kadam has shifted gear and is being focused on a new story line. The Producer has no qualms about the change in story line. He says, "I believe you should put in your best efforts in whatever work that you are given. We have given Shubh Kadam the best graphics, the best location the best artists without holding anything back. So it always good to give optimal performance within the given confines."

The lead actress Mahi Vij was looking stunning in a blue-grey off-shoulder dress but only till the neck because the beauty of her face was marred by an army of pimples. However that did not bog her excitement down as she chirpily says, "I can't believe I have completed 150 episodes. I'm very proud of myself. At first I thought I will get weak just by the 50th episode but here I am celebrating the 175th episode!".

Pratik Shukla, the male lead was looking quite smart in a body-hugging t-shirt which was also in blue grey color. He says, "I am glad that our team effort has been rewarded. This is my first show and I really feel good that my first show has achieved such a huge success."

The music at the event was done tastefully. With a short appreciation ceremony and dinner, the evening ended on a beautiful note..

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-07-2009, 01:51 PM

Default Kunal Verma almost lost his life a day before his birthday

His many fans are going to be devastated when they read this one. Heartthrob Kunal Verma aka Yug suffered a gruelling ordeal just a day before his birthday (6 July). The actor was on the beach at Madh Island a day before his birthday when he nearly lost his life. Talking about the incident the actor said, “I hurt myself very badly just the day before my birthday so all my birthday plans that I was hatching for a while were all in vain. I was standing on the rocks with my friends when a huge wave knocked me down. As a result I bruised myself. I was planning to host a party for my friends but I couldn’t as I was reeling in pain. I could have actually died that day as it was such a bad fall. I think this has been the worst birthday ever.”

Incidentally, Kunal’s father too had a major accident in the month of April. Recalling the incident the actor says, “These three months have been really bad for me. My father who is a Western Railway officer fell off a train at Vapi station on 24 April while trying to help someone board it. The train started moving and he fell right between the train and the platform. My dad suffered fractures in his ribs and pelvic bone. He was advised complete bed-rest for two months. Now he has recuperated.”

The actor didn’t tell his mother fearing that it would trouble her. “I did not narrate the incident to my mother at all. She has gone through a lot and I can’t add up to her worries,” he adds.

Talking about the gift he received from his parents he says, “The best gift ever is their blessings which was showered upon me in abundance. I can’t expect and don’t desire to get any other gift from them. I can’t thank them enough for the beautiful life they have given me.”

Amidst all the mishaps the actor did manage to have a nice time with family. Kunal went out to dine with his sister and family.

We wish the actor the very best for the coming year and hope that he suffers no more mishaps.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Default Sahara One out to regain lost ground

Of late Sahara One has not been experiencing a great climb on the GRP ladder. And if it has to beat competition the channel will have to go in for some innovative programming. Revival is the need of the hour and one of the ways is bringing in freshness. In the coming months, Sahara One will be launching two new shows.

We had reported that Creative Eye is producing a mytho titled Ganesh Leela. The other daily is being produced by director-producer Anubhav Sinha.

Confirming the news, Sahara One Creative Director Mushtaq Sheikh says, “We’ll be launching two dailies, one is Ganesh Leela and the other is Anubhav Sinha’s untitled show. Ganesh Leela will the first one to go on floors. It will take few months for the other show to go on air. I can’t disclose anything more to you now. I don’t whether you can call it revamp but we’re taking steps that are good for us.”

With new shows coming, some of the existing shows will feel the heat.
Says a source, “Among the existing shows only Woh rehne wali mehlon ki and Mata ki chowki are safe. The rest are on par with each other. So, it will be one of them who’ll face the axe. Ajai Sinha supposedly is in talks for a new show. If that happens that could perhaps bring the curtains down on their long running show Ghar ek sapnaa.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Default magine’s Taqdeer is Palkon Ki Chaon Mein

Last week Wiki reported that Sunrise Telefilms was all set to produce a show for NDTV Imagine titled Taqdeer. Now it is reported that the show’s title has been changed from Taqdeer to Palkon Ki Chaon Mein. The show is about two girls of which one is poor and the other is rich.

Informs our source, “The show is now titled as Palkon Ki Chaon Mein and is a story of two girls – one poor and the other rich. The show will have actors Rajendra Gupta, Madhuri Sanjiv Dixit and Adarsh Gautam playing prominent characters in the show. The protagonists will be fresh faces and it is going to be a prime-time daily.”

When contacted both Rajendra Gupta and Madhuri Dixit refused to comment.

Actress Madhuri Sanjiv Dixit was seen in Chacha Chaudhary as Chachi opposite veteran Raghunath Yadav.
We sent a text message to the producer Rashmi Sharma but she didn’t revert.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:53 PM

Default Sony pumps in Rs 30 mn to market its big ticket show 'Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachao'

Currently under the overhaul spell, Sony Entertainment Television (Set) is pumping in close to Rs 30 million to market and promote its soon-to-launch big ticket show Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachao.

The one-hour show, based on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here, will air on Sony from 13 July, replacing Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega.

While the marketing of the show will remain high across Sony's network channels, Iss Jungle… will also be promoted across other channels including Hindi news channels like Star News and Aaj Tak.
Says Set marketing head Danish Khan, "We have booked 8000 TV spots across television channels from different genres. We have also booked spots across kids channels like Disney Channel, Hungama and Nick for maximum visibility." Khan, however, declined to comment on how much Sony would be spending towards marketing the show.

While television remains the preferred medium to build the show's brand and awareness proposition, Set will also exploit other media platforms like radio, digital and outdoor to support the brand-building process.

As part of its radio promotion activity, the channel has tied up with stations such as Radio Mirchi, Radio City, Big FM and Red FM. "Radio will drive recency from 9 July onwards," avers Khan.

Outdoor media, meanwhile, will be utilised to promote the channel's new property in Delhi and Mumbai.

"The show will be branded across 200 Best buses in Mumbai. We are still negotiating for branding on local trains in Mumbai," adds Khan.

As part of its digital initiative, Sony is using the social media networks in a big way. "We had tried exploiting the medium for Bhaskar Bharti and it was successful. This time we are leveraging the web in a bigger way. We will have the show hosts Yudi and Mini Mathur blogging each day. Also, Iss Jungle… will be present on Facebook and on YouTube," avers Khan.

Targeted at male and female audiences in the 15-34-age-group, Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachao will be telecast from Monday-Thursday at 10 pm and on Fridays at 9 pm.

Tags
top tv news

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->