Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Meet TV's first transgender anchor

Views: 1183  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-05-2009, 04:47 AM

Default Meet TV's first transgender anchor

She is all set to produce and direct her own show in Chennai

It has not been an easy journey for Rose, a Chennai-based TV show host and a transgender. She is now all set to produce and direct her own show. No wonder then, she particularly welcomes the Delhi High Court's historic judgement on Section 377, decriminalising homo***uality.

"I think now the Delhi High Court has clearly made it a point and stated that these people are also humans and they also deserve the same kinds of rights as other people," she said.

Rose first made news as a one-of-a kind transgender host of a chat show called Ippadikku. She's now all set to become the first transgender director, producer and anchor in the country with her new chat show titled Ithu Rose Neram (This is Rose Hour).

This will see Rose as an American-born-Tamilian, who wants to do a PhD about India and therefore is out to interview people from different walks of life – discussing a range of issues from lifestyle to current affairs.

"My first episode is about obesity, so I had brought in people who are obese or overweight to my home and discussed how painful it's for them to be so," she reveals.

Ithu Rose Neram will be aired on Saturdays at 9:30 pm IST. It's still a long way to go but for now, Rose's just happy to be a mainstream TV personality.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->