Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Star Parivaar Awards 2009: The Final Countdown

Views: 3234  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Default Star Parivaar Awards 2009: The Final Countdown

The Star Parivaar Awards is around the corner and preparations for the big night are in full swing. We took a trip to Andheri West, Mumbai, where our tellystars were busy rehearsing their dance acts. Here’s what they had to say:

Lata Saberwal

The Star Parivaar Awards is on June 7 and I have just started practicing on June 1. This is definitely a big event for the Star family and I’m looking forward to it. For the performance, I’ve been paired opposite my onscreen partner Sanjeev Seth. We’ll be performing on a combination of all the title songs of the serials on Star Plus. We’ll dance to Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, the title track of the channel and more, ending the routine with the song Genda Phool from Delhi-6. I haven’t really learned any kind of dance form ever before but I’m enjoying myself practicing for the awards night. Sharad is choreographing the entire act for us; he’s a fantastic choreographer.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Krishna Gokani

I started practice 3 days ago and I’m truly enjoying it, trust me! My choreographer is teaching me some really nice dance steps that you’ll get to see on television. I also like the song I’m performing on, Yeh Kisna Hai from the movie Kisna. But my partner is Madhav Deochake and not Vivek Oberoi. I didn’t know Madhav was a good dancer and when you watch us dance on TV, you’ll know what I mean. As for rehearsals, we practice for about an hour and a half everyday. I think that’s enough, because it’s really tiring. We’re actually almost done with our dance act now. I just hope we rock onstage, on the awards night. I’m looking forward to it.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:12 PM

Madhav Deochake

I’m paired opposite Krishna Gokani for my performance. We’ll be dancing on Yeh Kisna Hai from the movie Kisna but I don’t know about my costume yet. It’s been four days since I started rehearsing with my choreographer Purvi and she’s really good. As far as finding the time to practice is concerned, it’s not much of a problem. During the day, I’m busy shooting so I come for the practice at around 8-8.30pm. I practice for about an hour and a half everyday. My aim here is just to entertain the audience. So, if I’m able to do that, nothing like it!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:12 PM

Kanika Maheshwari

I’ve already started counting the number of days left for the awards. I’m all excited about it. I’ll be dancing with my onscreen partner Amit Dua on the title track of the serial we star in, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, as well as on the title track of Star Plus. I started practicing two days ago and I guess I’m doing quite well. I just want the audience to appreciate the performance.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:13 PM

Amit Dua

I’m not a good dancer but I’m still performing at the awards night. My onscreen wifey, Kanika Maheshwari, is my dance partner. We’ll be performing on the title track of Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat and the title track of Star Plus. We just started practicing yesterday. As far as taking out time for the practice is concerned, it’s not much of a problem because the Cineyug people who’re coordinating the entire event make sure I get 2-3 hours after my shoot for myself. I’ve been enjoying myself. It’s great fun learning new dance steps. I just hope we do a great job onstage as well.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:13 PM

Saurabh Pandey

I don’t want to talk about my performance. Let’s keep it as a surprise. I’ll be dancing with Sriti, my onscreen partner in Shaurya aur Suhani on Star Plus. We’ll be dancing on one of Rishi Kapoor’s hit songs. We started practicing a week ago and have another week in hand now. So far, it’s been good fun. Pony Verma has choreographed the dance for me and my partner. He’s the person who choreographed all the songs for the film Garam Masala as well. So, I’m happy with our choreographer and our dance. I just hope the audience likes it too.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM

Sunita Rajwar

There’s hardly a week to go and I’m still practicing the dance. But it’s good fun. Vaishali is choreographing and she’s really good. I’m happy with my dancing style so far, let’s see what happens on the final day. I’m working on a tight schedule currently because during the day I’m busy shooting and in the evening I have to rush for my rehearsals at around 8.30-9pm. I spend at least an hour practicing and then, by the time I reach home, I’m half dead, trust me! It’s tiring, no doubt! But at the same time I think it’s also a good form of exercise for my body. Dancing helps you stay fit.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM

Vineeta Malik

I’ve neither learned dancing nor have I ever performed onstage. This is the first time I’ll be performing and I’m really excited about it. I’ve been practicing for the last three days and I’ve realised that dancing is not as easy as it looks! I’ll be performing with my Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai family members, including Lata Saberwal, Sanjeev Seth and Sunita Rajwar, on a number of title tracks from Star Plus shows. Vaishali is my choreographer; she’s very good at her job. What I like the most about her is that she’s very patient. As far as the costumes go, we’ll all be dressed in the same outfits as we are onscreen in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 PM

Sanjeev Seth

Well, first of all, I’m a bad dancer and I’m having a tough time rehearsing. I thought dance was one thing I could never learn but this year the audience will see me dancing to a number of title tracks of Star Plus’ serials. I will be performing with my onscreen partner Lata Saberwal, who plays the character of Rajshri Maheshwari in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. I’m glad to have her as my dance partner as she dances really well. I’ll be starting my dance practice from today. It will be difficult for me to spare time for practice but the Star Parivaar Awards is a prestigious function so I don’t mind working a little harder. I just need to make sure I put in 2 hours a day for practice. Since there’s hardly any time left for the event. I just hope the audience likes the performance.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->