Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Gunjan out of Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann

Views: 2213  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-25-2009, 04:09 PM

Default Gunjan out of Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann

Gunjan Walia , who has been a part of Creative Eye’s Ghar Ki Laksmi Betiyann for one and half years now, has decided to opt out of the show. The actress had replaced Twinkle Bajpai as protagonist Lakshmi in the show. It is to her credit that Gunjan was accepted instantly by the viewers.

A source from the show informs, “Gunjan Walia replaced Twinkle Bajpai, the original lead of the show. She stepped into her shoes so well that people simply forgot Twinkle. But now the actress has decided to opt out of the show. She has been married thrice in the show and the current track has nothing new to offer. Along with Gauri’s bidaai (parting) on the show as she is getting married, there will take place Gunjan’s bidaai (parting) from the show.”

“Since, Gunjan had done a brilliant job as Lakshmi one can’t think of replacing her. The creative team will get rid of the character now. Apprently, Lakshmi will receive a call from her husband who is based abroad. He wants her back and thus Lakshmi leaves to be with her husband forever,” states our source.

When contacted Gunjan Walia confirmed the news and said, “Yes, I will no longer be a part of the show. I can’t say that I am quitting the show as it’s a mutual decision taken by the production house and me. I had been a part of this show for the past one and a half years and the character of Lakshmi is very close to my heart. I had a word with the production house and the channel and they have been very understanding to permit me to quit the show. I will always be very thankful to Dheeraj Kumar for offering me such a beautiful and promising role in the show. Lakshmi made me more popular as an actress.”

Would she miss her co-actors? “The entire cast of Betiyann is like family to me and I am very attached to them. I am going to miss all my co-actors Kshitee Jog, Aishwarya Narkar, Soni Singh, Smriti Mohan, Aliza Khan. I am going to miss the sets of the show. I will keep dropping in to spend time with them. I also want to thank all my fans who have given me love and have accepted me as Lakshmi,” signs off the actress.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->