Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Sidharth Malhotra: “Happy With Audience Response For Marjaavaan”

Views: 610  
Old 11-25-2019, 06:07 AM

Default Sidharth Malhotra: “Happy With Audience Response For Marjaavaan”

The man has spoken up. Marjaavaan has turned out to be a success story and none other than Sidharth Malhotra is glad that the target audiences gave it thumbs up. The film has already crossed the 40 crores milestone and heading towards a lifetime in excess of 50 crores. Moreover, this is happening entirely on the ‘dum’ of single screens (where ticket prices are far lower), hence signifying loud and clear that the footfalls which this Milap Zaveri directed film has generated are far greater than what the numbers may suggest.

“I am quite happy with the response for Marjaavaan. We had a certain target audience in mind for the film and we played to that strength. Thankfully, it all worked out. A success always has a sweet sound to it and I am enjoying that ring in my ear,” chuckles Sidharth.

Sidharth Malhotra: “Happy With Audience Response For Marjaavaan”This was long due as well for the actor who is perhaps the only one in his generation to be making films across genres with no film being similar to the one that he has already done before. Not quite sticking to the formula and experimenting with films as varied as Ittefaq, Aiyaary, Baar Baar Dekho, A Gentleman and Jabariya Jodi to name a few, Sidharth may not have seen these go on to make a huge mark at the box office. However, he is not carrying any regrets whatsoever and is happy to try telling different stories.

Trending

“Kapoor & Sons was different too and it worked well. Then there was Brothers which involved a lot of action. I never wanted to stick to one genre and get slotted in a particular characterization. Of course you want your films to be watched by maximum number of people as well. That’s what keeps the excitement going too. This is what makes me much happier about Marjaavaan,” says Sidharth, who is now set to make at least one hardcore massy film every year to give back audiences what they have been looking from him.

While one waits to hear the next big announcement soon, which is expected to cater to audience needs, Sidharth is already gearing up for his next release Shershaah. A Karan Johar production, the war drama is the biopic of Captain Vikram Batra, which has Sidharth Malhotra playing the title role.

Joginder Tuteja tweets @tutejajoginder

Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!

The post Sidharth Malhotra: “Happy With Audience Response For Marjaavaan” appeared first on Koimoi.

More...

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum