Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Juhi Pandey's launchpad

Views: 1993  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Sr.Member

Default Juhi Pandey's launchpad

Channel V host Juhi Pandey is actually living her dreams in reel life! She was a car enthusiast, and is now hosting a car review show on Times Now. She has always been fond of music and percussion instruments and here she is playing the role of a drummer in the forthcoming film Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye. Apart from that, Juhi is also hosting two new shows for Channel V -- In Your Fest and Launch Pad. Juhi spoke to at length about her forthcoming projects.

"Right now I am very excited about my feature film -- Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye. Directed by Madhureeta Anand, I had to undergo six weeks of rigorous training to learn the basics of drumming. Madhureeta being a perfectionist wanted to make sure that I make the right moves with the drum sticks at the right time!" says Juhi while talking about her foray into the big screen. "Actually, it started off pretty casually with Madhureeta calling for a chat. It turned into a detailed discussion and she offered me the role of Tanya before I left her place! But she is a hard taskmaster and made me undergo a proper course. The six week course made me realise how difficult it is to play good music. The respect I have for musicians went up manifold after I underwent the course. We are just content with the music we listen, what goes on behind is something we do not know," explains Juhi.

The pretty hostess is all praise about the team of Mere Khwabon... and says, "Siddharth, Neil and Raima were my co-stars in the film and became very good friends with me during the shooting. I hardly knew anyone in Bollywood before this film, but thankfully I got a number of new friends after this film. I was initially quite scared about my role but the people in the set made it very comfortable for me. It was more fun than work."

Apart from the film, there are two new TV shows lined up for Juhi in February. "In Your Fest and Launchpad are the two shows coming up on Channel V. The first one talks about the various inter collegiate fests in the country and will have all sorts of tidbits about it. The other is Launchpad -- a battle of bands where the judges will be looking for complete band performance. Both are scheduled to start in February," informs Juhi.

She is also excited about her current show on Times Now. Called Times Drive, it is a car review show. Juhi is a car enthusiast and enjoying the show thoroughly. "I learned driving from my dad. He even taught me how to carry out minor repairs. I can change tyres and carry on odd jobs for my car," says the girl who drives a Ford Ikon and is technically quite well versed about the cars.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->