Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Zee TV’s Vachan to axe Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo

Views: 2056  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-01-2010, 06:19 PM

Default Zee TV’s Vachan to axe Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo

It’s inevitable! Old shows that fail to keep the viewers glued onto their ongoing track have to make way for new and more promising shows.

Abiding by the cruel rule, Zee TV is apparently all set to axe its one time trend-setter show Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo. The show brought to focus the plight of a poverty stricken farmer who has to sell his daughter for money. It launched to become an instant hit among the viewers but failed to sustain the ratings recently. The show was shifted from its original time slot of 9:30 pm to 7:30 pm. And now we hear that the show is all set to end by the end of this month. The show will apparently make way for Zee’s latest offering Dil Se Diya Vachan. The forthcoming show marks the comeback of seasoned actress Neena Gupta and will see DID fame, Vandana Joshi as the protagonist. The show also has Abigail Jain and Ajay Singh Chaudhary play key characters. According to sources, the production house is keen on roping in Aditya Singh Rajput as the male lead on the show.

Informs a show, “Vachan is going to replace Agle Janam which airs at 7:30 pm. The show isn’t doing well for the channel and its only time they end it. Vachan is a show which talks about the beautiful relationship between a mother and her daughter-in-law. Neena plays mother-in-law on the show. Aditya Singh has been approached to play the male lead.”

When contacted, Ratan Rajput, protagonist Laali, said, “Rumours have been doing the round and I keep receiving calls on the status of the show. I haven’t been informed officially on this. Everything has to come to an end and so will Agle Janam. Now, what I am not aware of is if its run, Will it last for two months or two years, I can’t comment. But its culmination irrespective of the time will hurt me. The show is the turning point of my life and would always be close to my heart.”

The ratings have registered a decline and Rajput feels that the change in the timing is responsible for the same. Says she, “Majority of the viewers aren’t aware of the change in the time slot. Also people don’t generally reach their houses by 7:30 and the viewership you get for the re-runs doesn’t count. Another reason is that the show deals with a bold concept and probably you can’t watch it with your family at an early evening time slot.”

Well the girl refuses any confirmation from the channel or the production house on the fate of the show but when asked how she would want it to conclude, she quips, “Laali has stood strongly against the demons of the society and I would want her to remain strong and happy. She must get back with her parents without being spiteful and revengeful for they had sold her. She has repaid Shekhar by delivering the heir apparent to his family.”

Producer Siddharth Tewary of Agle Janam, Swastik Pictures, didn’t revert to our text message.

Tags
agle janam mohe bitiya hi kijo

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->