Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

'I believe beauty of a character lies within'- Manoj Mishra

Views: 2416  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 AM

Default 'I believe beauty of a character lies within'- Manoj Mishra

Shamaldas aka Manoj Mishra of Star Plus serial Behenein in an exclusive conversation with tellybuzz...

Manoj Mishra
who has gained professional acting training from National School of Drama and has experimented on his talent in Odissa movies talks about his journey in the television industry, the growth in his character of Shamaldas and his way of looking at a character sketch….

Tell us something about your acting career before Behenein?
I have gained professional training in National School of Drama and Pune acting Institute. Have acted in several Odissa movies and have even received state award for a movie.

Now that your character of Shamaldas has gained immense popularity how do you feel?
I'm very happy and thankful to the audience. Though, I hadn't speculated the character to receive so much appreciation. But undoubtedly the role of Shamaldas is different from other regular characters.

We have even heard that the TRP's of the show have been quite high when your sequence is on air?
Ohh! I never knew that. But now it feels great to hear such a compliment. And the reason can be that Shamaldas character has seen a growth since its inception. Also Shamaldas was never a hard core criminal certain circumstances had turned him into a very aggressive person.

Now with Akashi's (Adaa Khan) entry Shamaldas has become a more subtle person who thinks of good and bad before performing any actions.

These days male leads have a very chocolate boy type looks so what makes Shamal's role stand out against them?
I believe that 'Beauty of character lies within' and ultimately it's the inner purity of a character that attracts the audience attention. Finally Shamaldas is also very good from within.

How contented are you with your look?
Earlier I was a bit apprehensive about the audience acceptance about the look. But now with time I have got quite comfortable with the entire look and attire. Now I'm at complete ease.

Did you have to do any special kind of research for getting the character nuances right?
Not really as I have seen some people with similar personality characteristics like Shamaldas so it has worked as a reference work for me. Also our scripts are so well written with an amazing dimension that it enhances our portrayal on screen.

You're on screen pairing is also quite unusual so what kind of an audience response have you been receiving?
As I don't interact much with the audience quite a lot so, I can't speculate much about the audience reaction but I think they are accepting us as a couple.

So whenever you make your presence felt at public places what kind of reactions do you get?
People recognize me as Shamal and they start talking to me with on screen accent. Recently I had even paid a visit to a school there too the kids recognized me and they kept communicating me in my character style. So I hope if kids like it then the older generation may also be enjoying it.

If you compare the role Shamal pre and post marriage which phase did you personally enjoy more?
I think on a personal front I'm enjoying the present phase of my character a lot as it is having a positive as well as an upward growth. And I think the audience is also enjoying the character the way he is now compared to the way he was earlier.

Also, Adaaa Khan who portrays the role of Akashi is an amazing co-actor to work with. Her understanding and talent enhances the entire chemistry between us too. Also we share an amazing give and take relation and she is a very helpful co- star to work with.

What more variant roles are you looking forward too?
I'm not looking forward for any specific kind of character. Instead I would love to portray anything that is different from the regular roles. Every character has some complexity and as an actor it's our responsibility to work on it and portray it in the best way possible.

As you have worked for the Odissa film industry earlier what kind of a difference have you noticed in the television industry?
The working process here is more organized and huge. The television industry here gives more scope for experimentation then the film industry in Odissa so I'm enjoying it a lot.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->