Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Kanchi is the new Soni in Maayka

Views: 1993  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Sr.Member

Default Kanchi is the new Soni in Maayka

After a good break Kanchi Kaul is back to the small screen. This time as as Soni in Maayka. She has replaced Shilpa Shinde who left the show at the end of the year.

"Soni came as a surprise for me this year. I am very happy to get this role as this is one of the most popular characters on the small screen today," says the excited actress who has already started shooting for Maayka.

Romit who plays her husband in the serial believes that this year has been very lucky for Kanchi. "The year has started off very well for her as she has got the opportunity to play one of the strongest characters. According to me, there are 3 ladies who rule Zee and they are Divya (Divyanka Tripathi) of Dulhan, Saloni (Rajshri Thakur) of Saat Phere and Soni of Maayka,” says Romit.

Shilpa Shinde had ruled the hearts of many people as Soni for more than a year. So is she worried about stepping into her shoes?

"What I've always believed is that a character is stronger than a person. Yes obviously it is very difficult to get into a role where some one else has already made a mark but I'll try to give my best to the character and hopefully will be accepted by the viewers in some time,” she says realistically, "Soni's character is very good. She is one person who is very good at heart and Maayka is one of the top shows.”

Speaking about her experience on the sets, Kanchi is all praises. "The experience so far has been awesome! Romit has been very supportive,” she says.

Kanchi Kaul debuted with Eki Ladki Anjaani Si where she played the popular character of Ananya. Later she was also seen portraying the lead role in Bhabhi.

Kanchi has already made her entry in Maayka on Monday.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->