Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Karishma Tanna: No gossip please

Views: 2289  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Sr.Member

Default Karishma Tanna: No gossip please

To be called versatile is what Karishma Tanna aspires for. Apart from ramp shows and serials like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Karishma has also done theatre. “I’d love to walk the ramp, but theatre isn’t so much on my mind as it is time consuming,” she says. With the advent of reality shows on TV, she slowly shifted gears. She was seen doing stand-up comedy for Comedy Circus and then went on to do a dance show called Zara Nach Ke Dikha.

“I was excited when Malaika compared me to the likes of Sushmita Sen. Sushmita is no doubt a reigning diva and to be compared to her is indeed a compliment,” she squeals. “Moreover I was also putting up a different look in every episode of Zara Nach Ke dikha and it was fun. Once I played Mithun, once Kamdev, then I played Johnny Depp as well and there were many such different get-ups that I experimented with and was well liked too. I was flanked with compliments from the boys and Chunky Pandey called me the most versatile of the lot,” she adds. Recently there were rumours doing the rounds of her being offered a J P Dutta Film. But when asked her, she preferred not to comment.

“Films are definitely on my mind but I would like to talk about them only when something concrete happens,” she says. What about going back to daily soaps? “I think I’ve graduated from that. In spite of being an important stage, you wouldn’t want to give your SSC boards again in life, would you?”

Speaking about her much speculated relationship with Bappa Lahiri she says, “Our relationship is very special which I don’t think anyone other than really close friends can comprehend. He’s a sweet guy and very special to me but I don’t want gossip mills talking anything other than us being just good friends. For now, the only love of life is my work and I’m giving my maximum time and attention to it.” Smita Roy

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->