Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Actors protest against Ekta

Views: 1769  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 02-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Default Actors protest against Ekta

Bajali's actors held a protest against Ekta Kapoor yesterday, as the recession bit into the entertainment industry. The recession has caused Balaji to lay off many people.

Nivedita Basu, Vikas Goopta and Suraj Rao, who were working with the production house for quite some time, also quit last month.

This was after Balaji's most popular show, Kyunki, wrapped up leaving some of its stars jobless. Now, the actors of Karam are worried about their future too.

With rumors of the show winding up by March 31, there was chaos on the sets yesterday. According to a source, “The round of arguments started after lunch when rumors spread within the entire unit. Soon after, it took a major form which created a dispute between the production and the actors. It was settled only when someone from Balaji came and resolved the issue.”

Yash Tonk, the lead actor of the show, says, “Is it so? Actually, I wasn't shooting for Karam yesterday; I was shooting for Arre Deewano so I am clueless about this.”

However, he admits that the show might end in March saying, “Even I’ve heard that Karam will shut down and March 31 will be its last episode. Though we haven't got any official confirmation on this.”

We tried contacting the Creative Head of Balaji but he remained unavailable for comment.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->