Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

It was Karmic to do this show: Juhi Babbar

Views: 1622  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-28-2009, 04:09 PM

Default It was Karmic to do this show: Juhi Babbar

Juhi Babbar, daughter of Raj Babbar, will be making her television debut in Red Chillies' Idiot Box's first fictional comedy show Ghar Ki Baat Hai.

"I have been getting offers for television from many years and if I would have accepted those offers then I would have become a veteran here. But it was conscious decision to be away from TV and films. My family has supported me in every decision of mine and due to God's grace I have never been in such a situation where I had to work for money. When they offered me this, I had no reason to say no to them. It was a karmic thing and that is why I am part of this show I guess," says Juhi who had her entire family present at the event to support her including her brother Arya, her mother and her co-stars Anup Soni and her friend Teejay Sidhu.

Is she happy with her decision now?

"I was scared of this industry as I have been hearing that this is the big bad world. But the scenario over here is different .They have given me complete freedom and as a theatre person I too suggested lots of improvisations…though I also tried to control myself from interfering too much. Yes I do get satisfaction here. Moreover now I have become habitual to the hectic schedules! In fact even after working for 12 hours I do not feel tired as it is so nice to work in such a cool atmosphere."

Will you leave theatre?

"No... not at all! Mera wajud theatre se hai. I have already told Bhavna (creative head of the team) that theatre is my first love and you will have to adjust with that. It was my first and only condition. Right now also I am doing three plays - one based on M.F Hussain's life, other one with Anup Soni and third with my mother. And I have been managing everything well," says the actress confidently.

And what about films? Will she like to try her hand in Bollywood?

"I did movies which were good but they did not do well. Then my Punjabi movie was a hit and I was getting same kind offers. Now also there is always work for women in the industry but I will not lower my standards and waste time on then. So if anyone wants to offer me anything then it has to be the best like this show!"

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->