Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Nivedita Basu and Ekta Kapoor part ways

Views: 2116  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Television

Default Nivedita Basu and Ekta Kapoor part ways

Ekta Kapoor and her most trusted lieutenant Nivedita Basu have parted ways. Basu's association with Balaji Telefilms as creative head goes back to almost nine years. Insiders claim that the parting was not unexpected and that currently Balaji is on a revamping mode in a bid to spruce up its current downslide.

The buzz is that recently many employees of Balaji have been asked to opt out. Yet another Creative Head Suraj Rao who has been directing Balaji shows since eleven years is also no longer a Balaji employee.

A reliable source informs, “Of late, Ekta Kapoor and Nivedita Basu had professional differences. So Ekta had asked her to stay away from shows for a while and go on a break. Post this development Nivedita did not want to continue her association with Balaji. And Suraj Rao put in his papers on January 15. Vikas Goopta, the Creative Head of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil is also out of Balaji.”

Another source says, “Though Nivedita Basu has not yet started working anywhere else, she is planning to join a channel. Recently she was also seen at producer Moti Sagar’s office.”

Confirming the news Nivedita Basu said, “Yes, it’s true that I am not with Balaji anymore. Creatively I wanted to move on. I have been working with Balaji since nine long years so I felt the need to move on. But there is no bad blood between me and Ekta. It was on a good note and it is not that I am taking up another job or going for some other opportunity. I am sitting at home and relaxing.”

Suraj Rao said, “Yes it is true that I am out of Balaji. I earlier used to work as a director with Balaji and later I became the creative head. Now I want to take a break from being a creative head and go back to direction. As of now I have not decided which production house I will join as a director. I am on a break for a while and enjoying time with my family.”

In that case why don’t you direct any of the Balaji shows? “I may join Balaji again to direct a show. I do not have any issues with the production house. Currently, I am just staying away from work and relaxing,” he quipped.

Vikas Goopta said, "I have quit Balaji. I had served the notice period of six months but I ended up resigning after seven months. There is no reason as such for me to quit Balaji. I have a few offers in the pipeline that I am considering. These days I am relaxing with Nivedita at her place."

Few of the shows that Nivedita Basu was a part of were Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and Kasauti Zindagi Ki. Suraj Rao was a part of shows like Kyunki..., Kasamh Se, Kahaani Humare Mahabharat Ki and few others.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->