Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Shankar Mahadevan’s team won STAR Plus's Music Ka Mahamuqqabala

Views: 3810  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-24-2010, 01:16 PM

Default Shankar Mahadevan’s team won STAR Plus's Music Ka Mahamuqqabala

Talented Neetii Muhan from Aasma Band who was part of Shankar Mahadevan’s team, is an extraordinary singer and dancer and is excited and happy for winning STAR Plus’ singing reality show Music Ka Mahamuqqabala. She talks to us about her team's big win and more.

Spl. Photos Click Here

It was an enthralling finale to STAR Plus' Music Ka Maha Muqabbla, as popular composer-singer Shankar Mahadevan pipped playback singer Shaan in the mega reality show in Mumbai on March 19, 2010.

Shankar's team "Shankar's Rockstars", comprising singers Rahul Vaidya, Sharib Sabri, Sanjeev Kumar and Neetii Muhan, rocked the stage with peppy numbers and won the show by three points.

They took home a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh (Rs 5 million) presented by sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan.

After the victory, Shankar told IANS: "I used to meet with my team members now and then but I never thought that we will make such a wonderful team. Our main motive was entertainment, but along with that we tried giving some message which thankfully reached to the people. I haven't decided what to do with the prize money. Now we will party and hopefully go on a tour."

Shaan too gave his best shot to the show and gave tough competition to Shankar with his team "Shaan's Strikers" that included Harshit Saxena, Anweshaa Dutta Gupta, Debojit Saha and Shadab Faridi.

However, even with a lot of votes, he fell woefully short.

Popular numbers, a lively audience, energetic dancers - the show was a melange of it all.

Music Ka Maha Muqqabla, which has been on air since 13 weeks, had Mika, Himesh Reshammiya, Mohit Chauhan and Shreya Ghoshal in the race earlier.

Did you expect that your team Shankar Mahadevan’s Rockstar would win the competition?

“Somewhere in my mind, I used to feel that we would turnout to be the winners because we have worked really very hard to win this competition. Overall we used to have good performances.”

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-24-2010, 01:16 PM

What next after winning the title of Music Ka Muqqabla?

“I am going on a world tour for 2 ½ months with A.R.Rahman and in these two and half months we will cover US, Europe and Canada. I haven’t yet got the song list on which I would be performing but this concert will take place on a big scale considering the international popularity of Mr.A.R.Rahman, after winning the Oscar and Grammy awards. The tour will happen in May, so I am looking forward for this concert.”
Old 03-24-2010, 01:17 PM

We heard that Shankar Mahadevan is launching a music album with you all?

“Yes, after the competition he told us that in the near future he will do an album with us and we are very grateful that again we will work under him and he was a great mentor for us.”

What have you learnt from your mentor – Shankar Mahadevan?

“I have learnt lots of things from him. At the time of rehearsals, he used to sit with us for the song selection. He is focused on his work, much grounded and very humble and in short I can say he is a source of inspiration.”

Are you in touch with the other members of the show?

“I am in touch with all the girls like Aishwarya, Anveesha and not only this I am very good friends with Rahul Vaidya, Sanjeev and others.”
Old 03-24-2010, 01:18 PM

Now which shows are you watching and why?

“I am watching season 2 of Dance India Dance, especially for my sister Shakti Muhan, who is performing brilliantly and she is being appreciated by all the judges and audiences. I am hoping that success will follow her when she wins the competition.”
Old 03-24-2010, 01:18 PM

Are you following IPL Matches?

“When the competition was on, I was not able to catch the matches but I just came to know that when we won the competition, Mumbai Indians also won so I am cheering up for Mumbai Indians but overall I will be watching the matches for the game.”

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->