Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Comedy Circus is quite entertaining

Views: 2415  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-11-2009, 05:59 AM

Default Comedy Circus is quite entertaining

It won't be exaggeration if I say that amidst the clutter of stand-up comedy we see on television, apart from The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, Comedy Circus is the only other show that is well known among the audiences. Therefore, I was fortunate enough to catch the grand finale of Comedy Circus Kaante Ki Takkar on Sony this weekend.

The judges of the show, Shekhar Suman and Archana Puran Singh made their entry in a spectacular manner on the Jodha Akbar soundtrack and the entire choreography had a very Moghul-esque feel to it. Comedy Circus… was initially kicked off by Shruti Seth, who looked extremely comfortable as compared to the last time I had seen her hosting the show (that would be a year back).

Now the show had quite a few surprises in store for the audiences. The first one was with respect to the format, where in the winners of season one would face off with the winners of season two. The next surprise was in the form of David Dhawan being introduced as a guest judge. David Dhawan in a very witty manner addressed the audience saying, "Neither Shah Rukh nor Aamir should be given the credit, it was Shekhar who introduced us all to the six pack phenomenon." Moreover, joining David Dhawan as a guest judge was Sunil Grover who came in dressed up as Archana Puran Singh.

Before the show could officially start, Anup and Smita came in representing Season One and put up a fantastic act that emphasized how Indians have a weird ways of dancing and posing for snaps during wedding ceremonies. Then they introduced the first skit that had Shekhar Suman and Archana Puran Singh replacing Shakeel and Kashif who had to go back to Pakistan post the terror strikes. Joining Shekhar and Archana were Ali Asgar and Urvashi Dholakia. There were a lot of expectations from these four talented comedians but I was terribly let down.

Their skit was about a situation involving a newly married couple, (Shekhar Suman and Urvashi) and how on their wedding night a dacoit (Archana Puran Singh), trying to escape a gay police officer (Ali Asgar) ends up in their house. Their jokes were extremely crude and homophobic. Take for instance, Ali Asgar as the police officer, who keeps on hitting on Shekhar Suman saying, "mein aadmi nahi hoon, sorry aisa aadmi nahi hoon" (I'm not a man, sorry I'm not that kind of a man). One would certainly expect a lot more from a person of Shekar Suman's caliber, but David Dhawan surprisingly found this really entertaining and gave them really high scores.

Before the Season Two participants could get started, there was a small, vulgar (again) but nonetheless entertaining spoof on Rab Ne … called Rab Ne Bana Di Ghodi (horse). Krishna and Kamya were fabulous as Shah Rukh and Anushka Sharma, respectively.
However, the most entertaining bit of this show was when the Season Two participants took center stage. Their theme revolved on how actors are loosing their jobs and now resorting to piracy. Krishna, Sudesh, Rajeev and Kamya spoofed Sunny Deol, Nana Patekar, Himesh Reshammiya and Esha Deol respectively. What was refreshing to see was that they did not use any crude jokes to evoke laughter from the audiences. Their jokes were situational or at least made to seem like that by their awesome stage chemistry. They rightly deserved their high scores.

Well the second round was the impromptu dubbing round and the contestants were judged on their wit and spontaneity. They had to dub a scene from a David Dhawan film and the first to step up were Rajeev and Kamya. They again showed great stage chemistry and were absolutely hilarious in the way they dubbed a scene from Mujhse Shaadi Karogi.
However, sadly this was the last bit of action as the show ended. But, Comedy Circus Kaate Ki Takkar grand finale will continue next Saturday at 9.30 pm. Overall, the show was pretty entertaining and I'm certainly looking forward to see what transpires next Saturday.

Tags
comedy circus

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->