Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Rachna Shah puts it on

Views: 2181  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Sumathi

Default Rachna Shah puts it on

Rachna Shah, the muse who inspired Ravi Verma beyond paintings, had to put on 7 kgs of weight to bag the role.

Ketan Mehta was looking for a voluptuous, naturally sensuous woman to play Kamini and then he stumbled upon Raja Ravi Verma’s muse, Rachna Shah.

She starred in M F Hussain’s Meenaxi.

Ketan was apprehensive in the beginning since Rachna was a mere size zero.But Rachna a go getter, promised Ketan that she would put on some extra kilos for the character and she gained 7 kgs to get the role.

She went in for extreme home work, studied Ravi Vermas painting’s; the delicate body movements of women from those times. Ketan was thrilled with her zest and signed her up for the film

Kamini is the character in the film, Rang Rasiya which inspired Ravi Verma to paint beyond portraits.

This was an integral role. Rachna quips "I was extremely lucky to be playing this part. The film is extremely gripping and it was a complete make over for me as I was to put on weight for the role unlike other films where you are required to be thin.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->