Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Catch 2008: The best Bollywood moments of the year

Views: 3241  
Old 01-02-2009, 01:56 PM

Default Catch 2008: The best Bollywood moments of the year

'Race': Bad over Good!

Morality was kicked out of the bus in Abbas Mustan's 'Race'. The good stayed indoors while the bad guys and gals had all the fun!
The movie was a cat-and-mouse game of disguised deceit packaged with screen-scorching moments and dance numbers. Saif Ali Khan and Bipasha Basu shared scintillating chemistry and left the fans panting! Katrina reigned supreme in solo shots!
Katrina's funda: "I want to retain the image of the girl next-door. I don't want the hot image".
Old 01-02-2009, 01:56 PM

Kareena's Tashan: Naval attack!

Lavishly mounted, 'Tashan' was an unconscionable, over-the-top movie. The buff's radar caught only one object on screen: Kareena! And what a catch it was!
Adjudged '*** Icon of 2008', Kareena's toned physique and Size Zero figure became the most relished tabloid fodder of 2008.
Bebo's gyan: "I'm proud of my sculpted body. I've done nothing drastic to myself. I do yoga religiously. And I'm eating like any healthy girl, thank you."

Saifareena: Tattoo-time!

In Hollywood, tattooing might be one Hulk Hogan (read childish) way of professing one's love for the girl friend. In Bollywood, it is the exact opposite.
The commitment-phobic Saif Ali Khan made it known to the world that he loves Kareena Kapoor. He tattooed his hand with the letters 'Kareena' in Devanagri script! The tattoo was on full display at a rock show where Saif jammed with the popular rock band, Parikrama.
G****vine: Kareena's rivals call Saif "Tattooo!" (in Hindi!)
Saif Ali's revelation: "I'm seriously involved, and yes, the relationship would come to a logical conclusion, namely marriage. Kareena and I will get married after 3 years."

SRK: I love Bachchans!

Which is the best place for the Badshah to make peace with the Shahenshah? Follow Shah Rukh Khan to know the answer!
SRK attended the premiere of Abhishek Bachchan's 'Drona', putting to rest rumours about the cold war between him and Amitabh Bachchan.
King Khan came to the premiere accompanied by his kids and wife Gauri; he even hugged Abhishek and wished him all success for his film. And 'Drona', the superhero in sherwani, fell flat at the B.O!
Kahat SRK: "All the disputes between me and Mr. Bachchan are media created and there is no ill-feeling between us."

Sanjay Dutt: Mera Dil bhi...

Sanjay Dutt made official the relationship with his girlfriend of two years, Manyata, at the Taj Exotica in Goa on February 7, under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
The official wedding took place at Manyata's friend Pradeep Sinha's apartment in Mumbai. Sisters Priya and Namrata Dutt were conspicuous by their absence.
Says Sanjay Dutt, "To me love is no longer about flowers and chocolates. I'm not a teenager feeling the first flush of romance. Love has a different meaning for me now. I want my woman to understand my moods and my silences."
Old 01-02-2009, 01:57 PM

SRK-Salman: Karan vs Arjun?

Here is a visibly disturbed SRK emerging out of the Sallu-Kat party.
The two superstars were caught in a war of words on the July 16 party that Salman threw for current girlfriend Katrina.
Salman was reportedly instigating Shah Rukh from the beginning of the party by speaking about their reality shows - 'Dus Ka Dum' and 'Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?' respectively. Salman claimed that his show 'Dus Ka Dum' had garnered more TRPs than Shah Rukh's, said sources.
Salman scoffed at Shah Rukh by saying that in spite of being a super star he could not make his show a hit.
Shah Rukh initially did not pay any heed to Salman's comments. The final blow came when Shah Rukh made a comment on Salman's ex-girlfriend Aishwarya Rai, inviting a furious retaliation from Salman.
Shah Rukh Khan also commented on the behaviour of Salman at Katrina’s bash. He said, “I think like a father, while Salman Khan thinks like a child.“
Said Salman: “Yes, there is a problem. But it is no big deal. Problems do occur in everybody’s lives. If after eighteen years of friendship something happens then it does not mean a lot.”
Salman (three months later): "Who is SRK?"

Akshay-Shilpa: The Get-together!

Akshay Kumar reunited with Shilpa Shetty at the finale of reality show, 'Big Boss 2'. The duo was widely reported to have been in a relationship in the late 90's.
Fast Forward to 2008, Akshay Kumar is married to Twinkle Khanna and Shilpa Shetty is currently dating a London-based businessman Raj Kundra.
The duo seemed comfortable with each other and managed to share some light moments.
Shilpa Shetty remarked on how Akshay had become one of Bollywood's biggest stars. She said, “Maine dekha hai, aapne zindagi mein kaafi bade stunts kiye hain.”. Akshay replied, “Aap se behtar aur kaun jaan sakta hai mere stunts ke baare mein, Shilpaji."

The Zinta Hug!

IPL team owners should learn a thing or two about team management from Preity Zinta.
Owner of Punjab Kings XI, Preity was all excited about her team's victory that she hugged team captain Yuvraj Singh after their team’s win in the IPL T20 championship match against Bangalore Royal Challengers at PCA Stadium in Mohali.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:58 PM

Aamir and the Eight-pack!

Aamir Khan has yet again displayed his perfectionist streak! In 'Ghajini', he sports a new hairstyle and has pumped up....two..four..six...(lo! and behold!) ... eight-pack abs!

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum