Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sharad halts shoot for tandoori chicken?

Views: 2151  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-31-2008, 10:42 PM
Sr.Member

Default Sharad halts shoot for tandoori chicken?

Grumpy actors throwing tantrums and holding the shoot to ransom for unreasonable demands is a common sight in our industry. While not many such tales are true, they often serve as great masala news. Here’s one tale that’s emanating straight from the rumour mills literally!

Whilst shooting in the remote and beautiful locales of Wai, foodie Sharad Kelkar made an unreasonable demand for tandoori chicken and refused to shoot till it was met. He, allegedly, even went on a hunger strike and convinced fellow actors Rajshri Thakur and Mihir Mishra to join him. As a result, the shoot was cancelled for the day.

Sharad though was quick to dispel such rumours. “I can only laugh over such tales. Though, I’m a foodie do you really think one would refuse to shoot for a tandoori chicken? Besides, I’m more of a fishitarian and I mostly carry my dabba to the sets. When we’re shooting out of station, then I mostly have fruits. As it is our producers take very good care of us and there’s never been a need to resort to such sheepish ways.”

Throwing his weight behind Sharad, Mihir Mishra says, “Look, we’re both foodies but that doesn’t mean we will affect the schedule for outrageous demands. Delays are part and parcel of our profession but never would anyone cause a delay for such a frivolous reason. Whilst we were in Wai, we did go for fishing. We feasted on our catch later that evening. However, that was during our free time and not once was our shoot affected.”

We believe in Sharad and Mihir and here’s wishing that the two foodies have blast on New Year’s Eve.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->