Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

From stand-up to daily soap, Rajiv-Melisa have fun

Views: 1649  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-10-2009, 07:25 PM

Default From stand-up to daily soap, Rajiv-Melisa have fun

Rajiv Thakur of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge 3 fame, will now tickle your funny bone with Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo, SAB TV’s new comedy show.

Along with Rajiv, current tadka of Krishna-Abhishek's team (from Comedy Circus Teen Ka Tadka), Melisa Pais will also be making her debut in the daily soap. Rajiv's character is best friend to Apoorva (Sumeet Raghvan) but he will be seen playing his father in front of Apoorva's father-in-law. Rajiv says: “I have a lot to do in this character. So naturally I am glad to play it.”

On the other hand, Melisa is going to actually sizzle with her role,“I play an aspiring dancer, who does not have money to fulfill her dream of becoming a choreographer so she decides to be Apoorva's bhabhi.”

Rajiv has worked with the production house (Optimystix) earlier with shows like Laughter Challenge and Comedy Circus’ last season with Kamya Punjabi. It seems after actors trying their hand at stand-up comedy, we will now have comedians doing some full-on acting.
We like it, either ways.

Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo starts from Monday at 9pm. The story is similar to Amol Palekar’s Golmaal, of mixed identities and double trouble.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->