Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Will Reena Kapoor be sidelined in Woh rehne waali mehlon ki?

Views: 3046  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-09-2009, 06:49 PM

Default Will Reena Kapoor be sidelined in Woh rehne waali mehlon ki?

The only thing constant in this world is change. That makes all of us dispensable. And, actors certainly are very much dispensable commodities. All the fame is temporary. Once your utility has run its course, you become a liability for those who made you a star.

Presently, it’s widely buzzed that Reena Kapoor, who has been the face of Rajshri Productions Woh rehne waali mehlon ki, may not be the central figure of the show anymore. In a major twist, the four male protagonists and brothers - Dharam, Rishabh (Karan Grover), Varun and Jai - will die in the show leaving their respective wives widowed.
Never before has one seen this in a TV serial. What’s led to this track? Were the four brothers becoming a liability?

As per sources, the four characters had become monotonous. Besides, Reena Kapoor doesn’t command that recognition anymore.

“Look, the story was going nowhere. It was merely revolving around property dispute between the brothers. Besides, the producer and the channel want freshness to their show. An ageing Reena Kapoor no longer has that good screen presence. Firstly, Karan and she never looked like a couple. The former always looked much younger than Reena. New faces will be coming in the show and they are likely to take over as the new protagonists. Chances are that a Reena might get replaced.” said a source
Producer Kavita Barjatya though has denied any possibility of Reena being replaced. Says she, “Yes, the four brothers will die in the show but Reena is very much here. She isn’t going anywhere.”

What does Reena Kapoor have to think about this?

“For the first time, I’m not being politically correct. I was shocked when we were told of this track. After all, we had become like a family. As far as I know there was never any problem between these four guys and the production,” said Reena

How would she react if her character is sidelined?

“Well, I haven’t thought about it as yet as I’m hearing this for the first time. I’ll take a decision at the appropriate time. For four years, I’ve been part of the show and I’ve seen many a fresh face come and go. There was once a time when I wasn’t part of the show but I was called back. So, I’m not bothered with new people. Even if I got replaced I wouldn’t be upset with it. For me the interest of the show comes first and replacing me is an option then so be it. ” replied the actress.

Woh rehne .. has completed 4 years and over 1000 episodes. Reena Kapoor is the only survivor since its inception. Will she continue to survive? Only time will tell.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->