Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

These kids rock!

Views: 4546  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-26-2008, 09:52 AM

Thumbs up These kids rock!

These kids rock!

These are the newest telly stars on the block. From ads to movies, child actors are balancing school and play dates to answer the lure of arc lights. We take a look at some of the children we often see on screen, and hear their stories.

Sweeni Khare

TV Shows: Zara Nache Ke Dikhna, Baa Bahu Aur Baby

Films: Cheeni Kum, Hari Puttar , Kaalo and Patshala.

I enjoyed shooting for Hari Puttar in London because it was my first visit there. I did Cheeni Kum and a stage show later. I loved the Europe and UK tour because it was my first stage show and I enjoyed working with Shilpa Shetty. My choreographer in Zara Nach Ke Dikha helped me improve my dancing s****s.

How tough is it working for a TV show where episodes have to be filmed on a daily basis? Do you have time for school?
It is not tough because I balance it well. I shoot on weekends. Sometimes I bunk school and shoot on weekdays if it is urgent. My teachers are co-operative and have no complaints because I am a topper in class. I also got the best student of the year award. I carry my books to the sets and study whenever I am free.

Do you miss playing with children of your age?
In Baa Bahu Aur Baby, there are many children so I play with them. Yes, I do miss what other children are doing but I don't have time for that. Acting is also a kind of extracurricular activity.

What do you like and dislike about shooting?
I love shooting because I get to meet different actors and learn different techniques of acting. When I get bored, I go to the editing room and learn editing.
I love make-up but cannot wear it, as it doesn't suit my skin. I love wearing different clothes.

What do your parents think about you doing shows?
My parents are very proud of me and have always supported me. They feel the pressure only when shoots clash with my exams.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-26-2008, 09:52 AM

A
hsaas Channa

TV Shows: Chota Packet Bada Dhamka

Films: Vaastu Shasta,
Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Phoonk
, My Name Is 340.
Ahsaas has become popular for her role in Ram Gopal Varma's Vaastu Shastra, starring Sushmita Sen. She was earlier seen in the popular soap Kasamh Se, and more films.
She is still excited about the laptop she got from Ram Gopal Varma as appreciation for Phoonk.

How tough is it working for a TV show, where episodes have to be filmed on a daily basis do you have time for school?

It is not tough. I enjoy working. I shoot after school hours and bunk only when it is absolutely necessary.
I carry my books on the sets and read whenever I am free, so it doesn't affect my studies. I borrow books from my friends when I miss classes. I miss school only when I go for outdoor shoots but that happens rarely. I am a topper in class (smiles).

Do you miss playing and being regular kid?
I balance both. I have taken part in this dance show Chota Packet Bada Dhamka because I love dancing. I was also part of Shiamak Daver's summer camp.

I love shooting because people pamper me and shower me with gifts. I hate late pack-ups. I love make-up and dressing up.

What do your parents think about you doing the shows and films?
My parents are very supportive. There is pressure on them only when I don't study during my exams. I make it to point to give my exams and then go for a shoot.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:53 AM

These kids rock!

Kushi Dubey

TV shows: Chhote Naagin, Waadon Ki Agnipariksha and Chota Packet Bada Dhamka
Kushi says she feels good when she gets compliments from her friends and teachers for her acting.
She narrates an incident that occurred on the sets of Nagin. "I was shooting for a particular scene when suddenly I felt something crawling up my leg," she says. "It was a snake. When I saw it, I ran without giving a shot. From that day onwards, I was teased a lot. Chote Nagin dusara nagin ko dekhe dargayee, they would say and tease me."

How tough is it working for a TV show, where episodes have to be filmed on a daily basis? Do you have time for school?
Only late night shoots are tough. In the beginning, it was hectic because I would shoot for Nagin almost everyday. Now I shoot only thrice a week. I sleep in class during breaks after a late night shoot. I go for dance rehearsals of Chota Packet Bada Dhamka after school.

Does the show affect your studies?
It doesn't affect my studies because I carry my books on the sets. My teachers help me copy notes if I miss my classes.

Do you miss playing and being regular kid?
Not at all. I solves puzzles and riddles on the set with other kids.

I love everything about shooting because both the director and producer keep cracking jokes. Rakhi Sawantdidi, Kunal Kohli uncle and Anu Kapoor uncle (of Chota Packet Bada Dhamka) motivate us to dance and crack jokes. I don't like late night shoots because it becomes difficult to wake up in the morning for school.
I love make-up and dressing up too. The only thing I don't like is the hair gel.

What do your parents think about you doing the shows?
My mother motivates me. My parents feel proud of me because I can balance both.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:54 AM

Dheriya

TV show: Chota Packet Bada Dhamka.
Dhariya started his career doing ads like Munch. Today, he has about 54 ads to his credit. He enjoyed shooting with Shah Rukh Khan in Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hai. He also made friends with the boys, Anubhav and Milanjeet. He says Chota Packet Bada Dhamka is his second show after Paanchvi Pass.

How tough is it working for a TV reality show, where episodes have to be filmed on a daily basis? Do you have time for school?
It is not tough. I shot for Panchvi Pass during the vacations. For the dance show, I go for rehearsals thrice a week.
I bunk my classes only if something important comes up. I borrow notes from my friends.

Do you miss playing and being a regular kid?
No because I play with other kids on the sets.

I like everything about shooting because I enjoy playing and dancing with other children. The only thing I don't like is waiting. And I hate make-up, especially the blush. I hate lipstick too.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:55 AM

Avika Gor
TV show: Balika Vadhu.
Films: Patshala and Morning Walk.
Avika learnt acting from her father and has done a few fashions shows for Ginny and Johny. She has been in the business for the last eight months and has already become very popular. She has also done shows like Rajkumar Aryan, Phir Koi Hai, Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshini and Karam Apna Apna.

How tough is it working in a TV show, where episodes have to be filmed on a daily basis? Do you have time for school?
It is not tough. Earlier I played small roles so I did not have to bunk classes. But since my character is important in this show, I shoot most of the days. Sometimes I miss my classes when we have to do an outdoor shoot. But that happens rarely.
It doesn't affect my studies; I score above 80 percent. I learn fast. I carry my books on the sets and study when I am not shooting.

No. Acting is my hobby so I enjoy doing it. I love dancing. I started learning dancing at the age of five but now I have stopped because I don't have time.

I love to dress up and make-up.

I like everything about shooting because I love each scene I perform. We wrap up shoot by 9 pm so there is nothing that I dislike.

What do your parents think about you doing the shows?
My mom accompanies me on shoots. My parents compliment me when I perform well. I don't shoot during my exams so there is no pressure on my parents and me.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:56 AM

A
vinash Mukerjee

TV shows: Balika Vadhu
Avinash left Delhi for Mumbai to pursue his dream of becoming a star in Bollywood. He had a small role in Kaahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Chalti Ka Naam Gadi. He has also modelled for Ginny and Johny.
Avinash, who plays the protagonist in Balika Vadhu, is unaware of the plight of many children, who are unwillingly forced into marriage.

How tough is it working for a TV show, where episodes have to be filmed on a daily basis? Do you have time for school?

We work 12-hour shifts. Mine wraps up around 9pm. It becomes hectic only when I am required in all the scenes. My principal is kind enough to give me leave. I bunk my classes for shooting but I try to balance both.
But the show doesn't affect my studies because I take a photocopy of the notes from my friends and study on the sets. I am not a topper but I get good marks.

I love what I do. We normally play cricket and board games on the sets.

I like everything about shooting except late night shoots.
I like make-up and don't have problem with costumes. The only thing I don't like is the gum used to fix the wig. It's yuck!

Tags
toppers

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->