Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

SAB TV new show "Lapataganj" - Full Details

Views: 10454  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-21-2009, 01:49 PM

Default SAB TV new show "Lapataganj" - Full Details

SAB and Garima productions launched their show Lapataganj today. As reported by us earlier, the show will have guest performers. The likes of Vinay Pathak were on their wish list but that couldn’t happen. However, celebrated names like Rajit Kapoor, Sumeet Raghvan and Vijay Kashyap have agreed for an episodic appearance.

Confirming the news, creative director Neha Joshi says, “Rajit has promised to do an episode later. Sumeet Raghvan and Vijay Kashyap too will be seen in guest appearances. We were also trying for Seema Biswas as we had character called Malan Devi in our show. Though she was keen to do the show, Biswas had reservations about playing a character similar to Phoolan Devi, which she’s already played in Bandit Queen.”

So, will we get to see Joshi acting in it too? “Well, that might happen later. After all, my father has written a character for me too,” said Joshi.

Lapataganj is based on the late great Sharad Joshi’s inscriptions. The show stars Vineet Kumar, Preeti Amin, Sucheta Pawase, Shubhangi Gokhale. Lapataganj goes on air from 26 October at 10.00 pm.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-21-2009, 01:51 PM

SAB TV and Garima Productions' new show Lapataganj which is an adaptation of Late Sharad Joshi's works, premiers on Monday, 26th October at the 10 PM slot.

The series in addition to its vast cast, will have known actors playing episodic roles. And the first known actor to be seen in an episode of Lapataganj is Sumeet Raghavan.

Talking about his character, Sumeet told , "I play the Chief Minister who is unaware of the happenings in his own constituency. He comes to the village but has no clue about the problems that the villagers face. I will be seen in one episode only".

When asked what made him take the role, the actor quips, "The concept of the show is very nice. And it is the adaptation of Late Sharad Joshi's works which is quite interesting. Above all, the Producer of the show Ashwini Dheer is a very close friend of mine, and I know him since years. He approached me for an episodic role, and I accepted it without a second thought".

In addition to this, the production house is approaching Rajat Kapoor, Seema Biswas and many others to play important episodic characters in the show.

The show has Abbas Khan and Preeti Amin playing the lead roles.

Tags
participants, reality show, sab tv

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->