Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Weeks Best On Indya: Sep 7-12th

Views: 5689  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM

Default Weeks Best On Indya: Sep 7-12th

Sach Ka Saamna ends next week

The first season of Sach Ka Saamna will end next Friday (September 18) as only a limited number of episodes were planned for this first season, which raised audience’s hackles and caused a commotion in the Parliament with its controversial content.

Based on the foreign show The Moment of Truth, the Indian version was launched two months back, and featured well-known faces like Yusuf Hussain, Vinod Kambli, Raja Chaudhary and others. Anupama Mandloi, senior creative director of Star Plus, says, “Sach Ka Saamna is ending next Friday. Till then our new show, Perfect Bride, will run for half an hour every day starting this Saturday. From September 21, it will air for an hour at 10.30pm.” She adds, “We will have a second season but it won’t happen so soon.”

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-11-2009, 02:49 PM

Default Vibha Anand becomes an adult

Vibha Anand becomes an adult

Vibha Anand, better known as Sugna in Balika Vadhu, turned 18 on September 8. The actress said, “I was supposed to get a laptop this birthday from my father but this is the Shradh season, when you are not supposed to buy anything new. When it is over, he will buy me a laptop. It is my dream to have one.”

Now that she is an adult, Vibha wants to do the things she could not till now. ‘I am an adult, and no one can tell me ‘Tum bacchi ho, yeh nahi kar sakti ya woh nahi kar sakti’. First, I am going to learn driving and get my licence. Then I will get my picture on my pan card, which has minor written on it. And I won’t be called a child artist anymore.” Plus, she can also vote from now on.

Last year, the teenage actor cried on her birthday because she could not meet her family. “I cried a lot, and then my papa came here and gave me a nice Fast Track watch. Though I’ve lost it now, it was a memorable gift.”
Old 09-11-2009, 02:50 PM

Default Karan Singh Grover to host Rocks India

Karan Singh Grover to host Rocks India

Our favourite doctor, Armaan, will now be seen in a new MTV show called Rocks India. Actor Karan Singh Grover will be anchoring this new reality show, which will be produced by RJ-turned-actor Roshan Abbas and his Encompass Events Company.

This is Karan’s second stint as an anchor, after the dance reality show Zara Nach Ke Dikha, which he hosted with Shweta Gulati.
Our source says, “Rocks India will air from September 27 every Sunday at 8pm. The show will showcase music from all over India with desi tunes and desi dudes with a love for music. Shaan and Vasundhara Das will judge the show. Talks are on to finalise his female co-host.”
Old 09-11-2009, 02:51 PM

Default Oye Band Baj Gaya premieres on Sunday, September 13

Mouli Ganguly in new comedy play

Mouli Ganguly, who was last seen in Sony’s Aathava Vachan, is busy doing a comedy play Oye Band Baj Gaya. The play is directed by Tusshar Joshi, and produced and written by Sanjay Jha, and also features actress Himani Shivpuri.

“I’m happy to be back doing theatre which I enjoy a lot. It is a comedy play, which is a first for me. I play a typical Punjabi character, which the joker of the play. It is an unusual character, and I wanted to try it out for a change from playing a typical bahu,” Mouli says. “I’m very nervous and excited because I’m going to be on stage after a long time. Rehearsals are going smoothly and I hope audiences will love the play.”

Oye Band Baj Gaya premieres on Sunday, September 13, at Rang Sharada auditorium, Bandra
Old 09-11-2009, 02:52 PM

Default Karan Mehra admits his love

Karan Mehra admits his love

Karan Mehra, who we know as Naitik in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata, celebrated his birthday today, and admitted to print journalists that he is no longer single and is in love with model-turned-actor Nisha Rawal.

Karan Mehra was quoted as saying, ‘Yes, it’s Nisha. We met on the sets of her film Hastey Hastey in New York, where I was her stylist. We got along well during the shoot and stayed in touch after we came back. We met often and hung out together; before we realised it, we had become dependent on each other in a lot of ways.”
Old 09-11-2009, 02:52 PM

Default Smriti Irani hospitalised

Smriti Irani hospitalised

Actress-politician Smriti Irani was rushed to the hospital on last Saturday evening after she complained of breathlessness. As a result, the 51st show of her play, Muktidhaam, was also cancelled. A source said, “She was admitted to a hospital in Andheri on Saturday evening after she experienced breathlessness on her way to Mulund for a screening of her play, Muktidhaam, in which she plays the lead. She was discharged on Sunday morning and is recuperating at home.”

The source added, “The audience was informed about Smriti’s ill-health and the play was replaced at the last minute by another one.” Sunday’s show at the Sophia auditorium in Breach Candy was also cancelled and replaced by one of her other productions, Ek Chokri Saav Anokhi. Smriti was hospitalised earlier also due to exhaustion and overwork. She was hospitalised in November 2006 after being diagnosed with dengue and typhoid. We wish her a speedy recovery

Tags
weeks best

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->