Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Here's the Latest news doing the rounds

Views: 12994  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-09-2009, 04:42 PM

Default Here's the Latest news doing the rounds

STAR Plus Ka OSO
STAR Plus goes the Hollywood way this time after making shows like Splitsvilla, and Colosseum, the production house is all set to launch a Bhakti based reality show which as of now is titled Om Shanti Om. The show will be based on religious songs and it will be reportedly shot at all holy places. The judges and hosts are yet to be finalized.

Jennifer replaces Shweta as host in DID
Shweta Gulati had just got in as host of Sony's new format of Dekh India Dekh, but the news is that she will be replaced by her co-star in Dill Mill Gayye, Jennifer Winget for the next two weeks. As Shweta is suffering from a hairline fracture, once she recovers she will take the charge from her.

Laali to seek shelter
Laali the protagonist of Zee's Agle Janam... will eventually go back to seek shelter in the Thakur family, after she comes to terms with her destiny. The present track has Laali (Ratan Rajput) fighting a lone battle with her destiny, as she finds herself on crossroads. She cannot go back to her parents after knowing that they had sold her off; also she has no place in Ganesia's heart as he is getting married to her little sister Rekha.

Kareena and Imran on Farah Khan's guest list
Kareena Kapoor and Imran Khan will appear together on a chat show, Tere Mere Beech Mein, hosted by Farah Khan. It would be nice to see the most sensational actors of Bollywood together on a chat show.

Baywatch to come to theater
Popular TV show Baywatch is all set to be converted into a comedy movie. The beachside show, which made Pamela Anderson a pin-up icon, has enjoyed global popularity with more than 1.1 billion viewers. And Paramount bosses have now confirmed the remake, with Hollywood writer Jeremy Garelick penning the screenplay. None of the original cast members will star in the movie; although it is rumored Hasselhoff and Anderson will make cameo appearances.

Mallika-e-Kitchen
The season 1 of LG Mallika-e-Kitchen starts on 12th of July’09 on Colors and would run for 13 weeks. A set based cookery show where two contestants challenge each other on their culinary s****s. The challenge is to cook the same dish but in different styles. But it doesn’t end there, each episode we are joined on the sets by a surprise celebrity guest to taste and judge the cooking and announce the winner who will be crowned as the Mallika-e-Kitchen.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Default Love triangle in Bhaskar Bharti..

Sony's light hearted comedy, Bhaskar Bharti produced by DJ's Creative Unit will have a new angle to the story line in the coming episodes.

To make the going interesting, there will be a love triangle seen in the show. According to our source, "Bharti (Ragini Khanna) sees a ray of hope when KK (Rajesh Khera) tells her that if she marries Armaan (Aamir Ali), he will give back the real identity of Bhaskar. A frustrated Bharti sees this as the only solution to all her problems, and thinks of an idea to propose Armaan. This will be an interesting turn as Bharti who has always been avoiding Armaan is now keen on getting him in her life".

However, there is a twist in the tale as Bharti's close friend Payal (Aanchal) falls in love with Armaan. "Though Armaan has always had a soft corner for Bharti, he falls in love with Bharti's friend Payal, who in turn reciprocates her love for him. This development will leave Bharti in a fix, as she has to fight against her friend to get married to Armaan, so that she gets her identity back. This will lead to certain hilarious sequences, wherein Bharti finds herself at crossroads. There will also come a situation in Bharti's life where both Armaan and Payal are against her".

So will Bharti be able to convince Armaan to help her out of this mess? Will viewers see Bharti turning into Bhaskar all over again?

For your answers, keep watching Bhaskar Bharti on Sony, Monday to Thursday at 9 PM…
Old 07-09-2009, 04:50 PM

Default Prerna Wanwari and Shreysth in Tuj Sang..

Salil of Kitani Mohabbat Hai and Kadambari of Bandini will be seen in a different avtar in Balaji Telefilms' Tuj Sang Preet Lagai Sajna on Star Plus.

According to our source, "Prerna Wanwari (Kadambari in Bandini) and Shreysth (Salil in Kitani) will be seen in this Friday's episode, wherein they don the Banjara look. They will be seen in cameo roles and will be present for an episode".

Vikas Goopta, Creative Director, Tuj Sang confirmed this news and said, "The duo will be seen in a song sequence which has been beautifully shot. It's a scene where this group of banjaras is singing a song. Vrinda (Pooja Bose) and Rajveer (Sandeep Baswana) see this situation of the banjaras who sing all day to earn their daily wages. They watch their struggle in life and seek inspiration from them to move forward".

We talked to Shreysth aka Salil of Kitani Mohabbat Hai, and he said "I enjoyed shooting for this particular sequence. We the banjaras sing the whole day, but at the end of the day have not earned a single penny. We are very hungry and tired, but still do not lose hope. The character is very much different from what Salil is, and I loved the look given for the role. I would personally want to thank Ektaji and Vikas for giving me this look and role in the show".

There is more happy news for fans of Tuj Sang as the repeat telecast of the show will now be seen at 6 in the evening.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:51 PM

Default L'il Champs loses a talented singer in...

It always happens in reality shows on television that a very talented singer is shown the door in the initial stage of the competition.

Well, history repeats as the talented Yashodhan Raokadam is the one to bow out of Zee's SaReGaMaPa L'il Champs this weekend.

According to our source, "After the first two eliminations came from Alka Yagnik's team, the first boy to get eliminated in L'il Champs is Yashodhan. The 12 year old has been singing exceptionally well from the audition stage, but his last week's performance lacked the enthusiasm and zeal to move forward".

This week's episode, as we reported earlier will see the comeback of Shaan as host of SaReGaMaPa after three long years. If sources are to be believed, Kavita Krishnamurthi will be gracing next week's episode.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:51 PM

Default Sallu to get married at 49!

10 Ka Dum, the reality game show on Sony Entertainment Channel hosted by Bollywood's very own brat Salman Khan, has showered the audience with a lot of surprises. But this one takes the cake!

The guest contestants this week will be an eclectic mix from Bollywood and astrology- the gorgeous Kangana Ranaut and face reader Janardhan Baba. This wasn't really surprising because Bollywood celebs have always had an affinity with astrology.

Even with Kangana on the sets the person in the spotlight was the foreseer. Our source tells, "Janardhan Baba completely took over the stage. He predicted the future of both Kangana and Salman. About Kangana he said that her work will largely be recognized and she will indeed get a lot of fame. He also predicted that her soon-to-release movie 'Kites' will do well. He also opined that the damsel will retire from work at the age of 36."

However the shocking revelation was made about Sallu! Says our source, "Janardhan Baba told something that everyone was waiting to hear - the age when Salman will get married. Baba said that Salman will get married at the age of 49 to a girl who is not from the industry. The girl would be a North Indian."

Ah! Now if only we could get to know the girl's name and address…
Old 07-09-2009, 05:09 PM

Default Kunal Verma: Mamma's Boy

Kunal Verma aka Yug of Tujh Sang Preet Lagayi Sajna could not celebrate his birthday (On July 6) this year because of his injuries, but he got the best gift from his mother. Kunal spoke to us in detail about his birthday and his show.

About his birthday he says: ”Unfortunately I had an accident. I went on a beach and a high wave threw me from a rock where me and a couple of my friends were standing. I injured my back, knee and got scratches on my elbow. I was bedridden for a bit, so my friends did not call me and I too did not throw a party. I was shooting for my show on my birthday, then in the evening I went for dinner with my family. My mother gifted me a very precious and nice statue of Lord Ram which has diamonds; it was the best gift I could have ever got.”

Kunal is planning to throw a party for his friends some time soon this month.

Kunal did not get nominated for the recently held Star Parivar Awards, about which he says, ”I will not comment on it. My fans have been telling me that I should have been nominated. I got tons of mails saying that but I do not work for nominations or for awards. For me love of my audience is more important. The day that stops, I will stop working. Even though I did not get nominated, I went there for my friends. I never attended any award function, so I wanted to go there, but I did not feel jealous. May be next year I will get nominated.”

About Tujh Sang… taking a leap
”It was a small leap of five years to add a twist to the show and it should be the last one hopefully. I was not in favour of many leaps. I do not want to play an older guy. Our show is not well promoted and there was a rumour that it will be pulled off. However, we got an extension now and that is why we took a leap.”

Kunal also thinks that his show is getting a good response despite no promos.

Kunal has been getting offers from outside but he is under a contract, so he wants to concentrate on this show. He was recently seen in a cameo in Kitani Mohobbat Hai.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Default Manmohan Tiwari: I've always loved Rakhi

Manmohan Tiwari: I've always loved Rakhi

It has been more than a week that Rakhi Sawant has started her search for a right groom via Rakhi Ka Swayamwar. Indya caught up with one of the current contestants Manmohan Tiwari from the show who shared his views about being on the show.

How were you selected in the final 16?

I applied as required on the information provided on the channel Imagine and the website. I was super excited when I got a call to say that I was short listed.

What was your first reaction to this concept?
It is not about the concept, it's about marrying Rakhi, I simply love her and I will win her. (Smiles)

How was your first meeting with Rakhi?
Oh it was amazing. It was like a dream come true for me. I have always liked Rakhi and meeting her was a very beautiful experience.

What do you know about Rakhi and what do you expect to learn about her on the show?
I did not know much about her except for what I have seen and read in media. Media has formed a certain perception of Rakhi but deep down in my heart I believed that she is a nice girl who is just true and straightforward. After I met her and got to know her my belief was cemented as she is exactly what I thought she was. She is a very charming and down to earth person.

Three things which you think have impressed Rakhi about you?
My honesty, sincerity and love for her.

How has the experience been so far?
Experience has been very pleasant. I just hope that I get lucky in winning Rakhi's heart.

What was your family's reaction when you got selected?
At first they had some reservation but I convinced them. My family has always trusted me and my decision. Now they are happy and wishing for me to win my bride.

Who has a better chance amongst all of you o?

I don't want to comment on anyone but I am sure of one thing that I will try all my charm to win my lady love.

Do you think this show has helped your career as an actor?
I don't know, all I can say is, right now I am working hard towards winning my love with whom I want to spend the rest of my life.

Has this show given you a head start?

I am still in Udaipur so really don't know.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:13 PM

Default Romit turns 29!

Romit Raj- Yuvraj of Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan (Zee TV) turns 29 today. But the birthday boy started getting his gifts three days back. He has taken an off from work and will be enjoying his day with family and friends.

“I have taken an off today just to spend the day with my family and friends. Shilpa has planned out something for me as she told me she is going to give a surprise to me. If you ask me about the gifts, then let me tell you that I started getting gifts from Monday itself,” says the birthday boy.

Romit is a very religious person; hence he will definitely start his day by seeking the blessings of the almighty. Romit tells us, “I am very religious and a very spiritual person. I will definitely make it to Siddhivinayak temple with my family or I might go alone too.”

Raj says he is a proper Cancerian as he tells us, “I am very much a Cancerian. I am very moody and very unpredictable just like a proper Cancerian. I have a very sharp memory, I still remember when I was just four years old I met Mother Teresa and I still remember each and everything about that day. Also I have a very soft and special corner for kids and animals.”

So, what are the gifts the birthday boy is expecting?

“My mother already gifted me and I will ask my dad to gift me PSP games and then I’ll definitely enjoy the day, so I am very excited about it!” says Raj.

Romit says his most memorable birthday was the one two years back as he tells us, “It was last to last year on the sets of Maayka and Betiyaan where I had cut 10 cakes! The entire teams of both the shows were present; some of my other friends from the industry were also invited. And the same year, when I came home, I went for dinner with my parents. My most memorable gift was this year when my brother gifted me a PSP game which has all interesting games like tennis game, Wimbledon and many others.”

At last the birthday boy signs off by telling us about that one promise that he will make to himself as he says, “I’ll focus on my career more, I’ll stick to my plans, I’ll work harder and give my best to what ever I do.”

Indya wishes the actor a very Happy Birthday!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:14 PM

Default I have dated only two girls: Chaitanya

I have dated only two girls: Chaitanya

The cool dude of TV, Chaitanya Chaudhry reveals about his personal lifestyle in a pep talk with Wiki.

What are your favorite perfumes?

“It’s Davidoff cool water, my all time favorite.”

Which brand do you prefer wearing?
“Mostly Rivers Island and Zora which suits me and they have the coolest fitting in terms of wearing.”

Where do you shop?
“Mostly I shop from London as my sister stays there so I keep going there and take out some time for shopping also. And in Bombay I prefer United Colors of Benetton.”

And for innerwear?
“It has to be CK.”

Where are your favorite holiday destinations?
“In India it has to be Goa and Rishikesh and abroad Switzerland its truly a paradise on earth.”

Where do you hangout?
“Mostly it’s Carter Road, Bandra.”

Tell us about a crazy incident that you’ve experienced.
“I don’t drink and even if I go to any club I have not come across any crazy stuff so still waiting to happen.”

How often you surf the internet?
“I do surf but only when I need some information or if, I need to do some banking work. Apart from that I am not net savvy.”

Have you ever visited any **** site?
“No, but sometimes it has popped up while doing other work.”

Which shows do you watch on TV?
“I don’t follow any shows but I prefer watching news and Discovery so that I can improve my GK.”

How many girls have you dated so far?
“Honestly, speaking I have dated only two so far. And got married to the third one. ”

Have you ever got naughty with your girlfriend in a theater?
“No comments.”

Who do you think is the hottest actor and actress on TV today?
“No comments, as everyone is my colleagues and I am also very much part of the family so I can’t choose.”

What do you think about the show Rakhi Ka Swayamvar?
“All I can say is how can a person marry on the show, it does not look real. But Rakhi is the face of public so let’s see how far this show is true. Wait for the right time and we all will come to know the reality of RKS.”
Old 07-09-2009, 05:16 PM

Default New twists in Aapki Antara

New twists in Aapki Antara

Zee TV’s hugely popular Aapki Antara, which revolves around an autistic child, Antara, will soon have very interesting twists in the tale.

A source says, “There are two major twists. One of them will be seen in today’s episode where Aditya (Darshan Pandya) will get to know that his daughter Antara is autistic. Later on, there will be another twist when Vidya (Prabhleen Sandhu) gets pregnant.”

Actress Prabhleen tells us, “In today’s episode, Aditya will finally get to know that Antara is autistic. Aditya goes to an ice-cream parlour with Antara and that person tells him that his daughter is not normal. He then makes Antara undergo medical tests and when he discovers that she is autistic and that there is no cure for it, he is shattered. And then, Vidya will get pregnant with Aditya’s second child.”

Meanwhile, Prabhleen is very happy with the response she has been getting for the show. “Antara has been getting a good response. The story is unique and we are also trying to pass on a message to the people. It feels good when people appreciate your work. The kids in the show are cute and very smart. Zaynah, who plays Antara, is extremely sweet and Raj aka Abhishek is very sharp.”

Watch Aapki Antara this week from Monday to Friday at 8.30pm on Zee TV to catch these dramatic moments.

Tags
top tv news

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->