Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP TV News of the DAY

Views: 3139  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 AM

Default TOP TV News of the DAY

UTV, after the stupendous success of their unique reality show Dance India Dance on Zee TV is geared up for its next ventures on television, something that has never been tried on Indian television before.

According to our source, Bimal, Non Fiction Head, UTV who has been a pioneer in the creation of Dance India Dance, is developing three one-of-its-kind reality shows which will hit the television screens in the coming months.

Elaborating on the concepts that UTV plan to give the audience, our source states, "One show will be a dream based reality show for which UTV is shooting its experimental runs. Talks are on with a topmost channel too, and the show will see the light very soon. The second show is an adventure and thriller based show which will be stunt-based, risky and spectacular in all aspects. The third one is a sociological show, which motivates the common public to bring out their inner self".

"The common traits though, with all the three realities lined up of UTV are that the concepts seek to bring out the real reality on television, something which has never been attempted on television till date. Also, another high point is that these shows will tap the zeal and enthusiasm of the common man and will not be celebrity based", adds our source.

If our sources are to be believed, UTV is in talks with three top most channels for these three projects, and if all goes well, viewers will be seeing the first of their shows launching in August or September.

We tried calling Bimal, Non Fiction Head, UTV but he remained unavailable for comments..

Well, expectations are high after UTV's Dance India Dance redefined the meaning of reality shows, and we certainly look forward to shows that bring with it something unique and fresh!

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-05-2009, 04:51 AM

Star Plus' Tuj Sang Preet Lagai Sajna, produced by Balaji Telefilms will be taking a three year leap on 7th July.

And to give freshness to the story line post leap, there will be two new entries who will turn out to be important characters in the show.

According to our source, "Garima Bhatnagar who was earlier seen in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and Veeranwali will be making her comeback to television after her wedding. Along with her will be seen veteran actress Meenal Penese, who earlier played mother of Manpreet in Kis Desh".

We called up Vikas Goopta, Creative Director of Tuj Sang, who confirmed the news and said, "Garima enters the show as the parallel lead. However, her track is completely kept under wraps. All I can say is that her presence will eventually affect the lives of all others. Meenal Penese on the other hand is a negative character, and will make life difficult for Vrinda, who is married to Rajbeer. Their entries will be aired on Tuesday".

Garima Bhatnagar who is excited to be back with Balaji Telefilms says, "Today is my first day of shoot on Tuj Sang sets. I play the character of Babli, who is the younger sister of Rajbeer (Sandeep Baswana). She is a very positive character, bubbly in nature and is a working woman. Basically she runs away from marriage, and this is the only reason for her to stay away from home and seek a job. She believes that until she finds a right guy in her life, she will not give her heart to anyone".

On her look in the show, Garima states, "I have a very simple look and am seen in suits which have flairs. I have my hair open and look the typical working woman".

Garima got married on the April 17th to Dhruv who was last seen on Karam Apnaa Apnaa, and had been touring ever since with her husband. "After marriage, we went to various places including Manali, Paris etc. After I got back, we got busy with the marriage of my devar. It's just been 15 days since I have settled down in Mumbai after marriage, and I am very lucky to have got work so soon", quips the actress.

According to our source, "The other new entry Meenal Penese will play the grand mother of Rajbeer and Babli".

SAB TV
's upcoming show Shri Adi Manav, produced by Paritossh Painter, as reported earlier will have many cameo roles while the central characters will be played by Vrijesh Hirjee who plays the blind Shri, while Kiku Sharda plays the deaf Adi and Vishal Kotiyal plays the dumb Manav.

We had earlier reported that talented actress Deepshika will be seen for few episodes. The latest on this is that Kanica Maheshwari, who is presently seen in Star Plus' Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat will be seen in the show for an episode.

According to our source, "Kanica will essay the role of Kiku Shirda's girl friend, and she happens to be the only common friend of all the three central characters, Vrijesh, Kiku and Vishal, from their college days".

The show is expected to launch in early August.

Kanica Maheshwari is also seen presently in Star Plus' Shaurya Aur Suhaani. We tried calling her, but she was not available.

We tried calling Producer Paritossh Painter, but he too remained unavailable..

After the successful six year leap of Star Plus' Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, Balaji Telefilms is now all set for a three year leap in their after noon show on Star Plus, Tuj Sang Preet Lagaayi Sajna.

According to our source, "The production house has invested a huge sum on the revamp of the sets and towards the new look of the main cast. To give more details, around 15 lakh has been spent for the shoot of the first episode alone. The leap will be taken coming Tuesday, 7th July".

"Yug played by Kunal Verma will have a typical business man look while Pooja Bose aka Vrinda will more or less appear in the same look. Ekta has roped in renowned director Manish Pandey who was earlier associated with their hit shows Kasauti Zindagi Kii and Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, and he will be seen directing the initial episodes of Tuj Sang post leap. Above all, Vikas Goopta who was earlier creatively involved with Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil will be the Creative Director of Tuj Sang now. Vikas is also associated with the ongoing show on NDTV Imagine, Kitani Mohabbat Hai".

So all eyes are now focused on the new costly revamp of Tuj Sang...
Old 07-05-2009, 04:52 AM

Do you follow any fitness regime?

Not really.

According to you, how important is it to follow a fitness regime?
It is very important but due to my hectic schedule I'm not able to keep one.

You have a busy schedule, so how do you take time to workout?

I've joined a gym which is open 24 hours a day. So even after finishing my shoot at 12, I can go and workout there.

What's your usual diet?
I eat everything. But however, for my health's sake I drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fruits consciously.

Do you count calories when it comes to eating?
Like I said I eat everything, so I'm not really a calorie conscious person.

Anyone you idolize when it comes to good physique?
Paul Walker and Brad Pitt.

Do you equate fitness with the shape of the body?
Nope. Not at all. Fitness and Body Building are two completely different things. Body Building is more of a sport and an art. But fitness is your overall well being. You can have nice muscles but but can be not that fit, and at the same time you may not look spectacular but be in great health.

How were you in your college days and now?
I used to play a lot of basket ball in my college days. It used to go on for 4 to 8 hours. So I was quite thin then. And right now I may not be fat but the difference is considerable.

Do you have a dietitian or an instructor to maintain your fitness?
Nope.

Suggest some fun ways for working out.
Apart from basketball one can try other outdoor activities as they always give you the best workout. Trekking, rock-climbing, or simply running would be great.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:53 AM

Jyoti’s Sandeep and Panchi to marry

Jyoti (NDTV Imagine) will certainly continue to keep its fans glued to their TV sets with its latest twist: Jyoti’s brother Sandeep (Varun Khandelwal) will marry his ex-girlfriend friend Panchi (Via Chaudhary).

A source says, “Panchi, who is in Sandeep’s college, used to be his girlfriend. When she realised that he was not serious about their relationship and about his career, they broke up. Then, after Jyoti married, Sandeep changed for the better and now, things will be sorted out between him and Panchi. They will marry soon.”

Tags
reality show, soap

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->