Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Bhavna Balsavar in Bhootwala Serial

Views: 1876  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-27-2009, 05:19 PM

Default Bhavna Balsavar in Bhootwala Serial

Seasoned actor Bhavna Balsavar will soon be seen in SAB show Bhootwala serial. She last appeared on television in the Star One show Paani Puri. Balsavar though doesn’t want to call this as a return to the small screen.

Says she, “I don’t like to call it a return as I was never out of TV. It’s just that I’m selective when it comes to television. My last show was Paani Puri that went off air some six months back. Because there was a break people assume this to be my comeback.”

Talking about her role, Balsavar says, “I play Tunni matchmaker. She’s a ghost too. As the name would suggest, Tunni is a match-maker and she’s here to find a bride for the deceased Kamlesh (Anup Upadhyay). What’s interesting about Tunni is that espite being a matchmaker, she could never find a groom for herself. So, she’s always dressed as a bride hoping to find someone who could match to her demands.”

What made her take this show?
“It’s the first time that I’m playing a ghost. That in itself was exciting enough for me to accept the offer. The other thing is the company. I’ve worked with the likes of Rajesh Kumar, Kiku before and it’s always great fun to work with them. I’ve only shot for a week but we’re having a blast on the sets. Though it’s meant to be a cameo, I could continue for more episodes,” she replied.

Balsavar is expected to make her debut in Bhootwala Serial next week.

About the show:
Bhootwala Serial is a comedy show that aired on SAB TV and premiered on 23 February 2009.

Star Cast:
  • Kiku Sharda as Amarnath Bhandari
  • Rajesh Kumar as Vicky
  • Sheetal Maulik as Ria
  • Dhruv Singh as Ram
  • Anup Upadhyay as Kamuk Kamlesh
  • Manju Brijnandan Sharma as Kusumkali
  • Melissa Pais as Katili
  • Suresh Chatwal as Kusumkali's father
Episodes:
  • Total 92 Episodes telecasted between 23 February to 30 July 2009
  • A slew of weekly shows are set to launch in August on SAB. FIR, one of SAB’S long running shows gets a new time slot. Edit 2 productions daily Bhootwala Serial is set to end as SAB will now have four different shows airing from Monday to Thursday in the 10.00pm slot. This band will now be coined as SAB Pe 10 and it will launch from 3 August.
  • The three new shows are Jaspal Bhatti’s Thank You Jijaji, Rajesh Berry’s Sonu te Sweety and Idea Productions Yeh hai Chanda kanoon. has already reported on the three new shows. FIR, that currently airs every Friday at 8.30 pm will shift to the 10 .00 pm. While the above shows will air at the given slot, the day for these shows still hasn’t been decided. These developments have resulted in the closure of Edit 2 productions Bhootwala Serial. We called producer Binaifer Kohli but she refused to acknowledge that her show is coming to an end. SAB business head Anooj Kapoor though confirmed to us that Bhootwala Serial is coming to an end on 30 July.
Reviews:
  • 58% liked this TV show (Google users)
  • It is an awesome serial and I seriously don't understand that why SAB TV makes more serials like thir or part 2 of it...I hope that someone on a high post is reading my comment and I request you to spread this message to SAB TV worker and ask them to remake.
Similar Popular SAB TV Shows:
  • Pritam Pyare Aur Woh
  • Jeannie Aur Juju
  • Bhootwala Serial
  • Gili Gili Gappa
  • Chidiya Ghar
  • Badi door Se Aaye Hai
  • Ichhapyari Nagin
  • Gutur Gu
  • Malegaaon Ka Chintu
  • Aahat
  • Sajan Re Jhutt Mat Bolo