Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Ravi Shukla won Amul Star Voice of India 2

Views: 2567  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-22-2008, 04:53 AM

Default Ravi Shukla won Amul Star Voice of India 2

Ravi Shukla just became the Amul Star Voice of India 2008, a highly popular Indian Television singing competition on Star Plus channel. The finale started on 21st December 2008.

Most critics consider runner-up Saptaparna Chakraborty, the queen of Sikkim, to be a better singer. Ravi victory shocked everyone. He won by viewers votes.

Ravi describes himself as “I hail from a simple family where culture is given the first preference and respect for elders is a quality imbibed in us. I love to eat and spend time with my loved ones. Music to me is what food, air and water is to human survival.” and on what the contest means to him, he says, “For me, ASVOI is a way in which I can express my love and gratitude for my dad. I want to earn as much name and fame that I can so that my dad can sit back and enjoy watching me grow.”

Star Voice of India 2 is an Indian Television singing competition. Star Voice of India 2 premiered on 18 July 2008. It Stands for Second Season of Gajendra Singh’s previous Show Star Voice of India. This Season replaces all old judges with three New judges. Ravi Shukla of Delhi became the winner of VOI 2008.

Last edited by supercool; 12-22-2008 at 05:01 AM.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-22-2008, 05:00 AM

Default Delhi's Ravi Shukla is Amul Star Voice of India

Breaking News! Ravi Shukla from Delhi became the Amul Star Voice of India 2008, beating fellow contestant Saptaparna Chakraborty, the queen of Sikkim. Saptaparna was considered hot favourite to win the reality show, but Ravi shocked everyone with the final results.

Ravi got better of Saptaparna on the basis of voting, although the critics held Saptaparna much above Ravi for her singing talent and voice. No woman has been able to win any singing reality show on the senior level, be it Indian Idol, Zee Sa Re Ga Ma Pa or Amul Star Voice of India.

Saptaparna Chakraborty performed consistently, but could not get what she deserved because of the voting system. She hailed from the tiny north-eastern state, Sikkim, but proved much better than anyone else. Even though she lost in the final, she was the real winner. Ravi Shukla, a good singer, was ecstatic with joy after winning the coveted crown. He won a cash reward of Rs. 25 lakh and a car.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Sr.Member

Default Ravi wins Voice of India 2

Amidst excitement, suspense and anticipation, Ravi Shukla outperformed Saptaparna Chakraborthy and became the Voice of India. It was five long months of struggle and practice that led to the public and the judges unanimously selecting Ravi at the finale held at Karjat.

Ravi won prize money amounting to Rs 25 lakhs, a Chevrolet Spark car and a three year contract with T- Series.
An excited Ravi says, “I am very happy and it feels great. My win has proved that my hard work is acknowledged by the audience and I have made my parents proud. I wasn’t lucky to have been the judges’ favourite and it was a tough journey as I had to prove myself at every stage. In a way I am lucky as I proved my potential. They too started liking me slowly and gradually.”

What according to him did his competitor Saptaparna lack? “We were equally talented and I think she just lacked the connection with the audience which somehow I managed to strike,” signs off the winner.

The music fraternity was represented by Kunal Ganjawala, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Jagjit Singh, Ila Arun, Sonu Niigam, Bappi Lahiri, Roopkumar Rathod. Kunal crooned to the tunes of his hit number ‘Everything's Going To Be Alright’ while Kavita Krishnamurthy lend her voice to ‘Har Karam Apna Karenge ‘. Roop Kumar Rathore performed on ‘Sandese Aate Hai’ while the pop guru Bappi Lahiri had the audiences swaying to ‘Mumbai Nagariya’.

This musical journey had begun on July 18th 2008 from Kolkata in which 24 talented contestants were selected to be the part of the reality show.

Tags
realitys how, star plus, winner

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->