Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Winners/Photos/Videos/Participants: Guinness Book of World Records- Ab India Todega

Views: 12692  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-25-2010, 07:49 AM

Default Winners/Photos/Videos/Participants: Guinness Book of World Records- Ab India Todega

The Guinness World Record

Hindi entertainment channel Colors is set to bring an Indian version of ‘Guinness World Records’ soon, and Indians will get a chance to showcase talent that can become new world records. ‘Guinness World Records, Ab India Todega’, to be produced by Miditech Pvt Ltd, will be launched early 2011. The channel is on the lookout for a ‘Bollywood face’ to host the show.

Guinness, the globally recognised authority on record breaking, will validate the achievements of the Indian participants as they attempt to break the existing records, and also recognise new world ones.

‘Guinness … will provide Indian participants an opportunity to go down in history by having their achievements validated by an internationally recognised institution, a reward more precious than what any other reality show can offer on Indian television today,’ Colors Head of Programming Ashvini Yardi said in a statement.

The Guinness has enthralled viewers in around 90 countries with its TV shows. Now the bosses are excited about the foray into India.
‘This new deal demonstrates the incredible global reach and relevance of Guinness, and we look forward to welcoming a lot more Indian talent to the record books. We believe India has a wealth of undiscovered record breakers who have the talent and determination to make the impossible possible,’ said Rob Molloy, Guinness’ director of television.

Miditech co-founder Niret Alva said the show will be a window for the world to see the spirit in India.

‘There are few brands like the Guinness which lend themselves wonderfully to television and offer endless possibilities for season after season in an individual market. We are proud and happy to be producing a show which has incredible scale and variety and some never seen before action.’

Old 12-29-2010, 04:08 PM

When everyone from the Bollywood industry is making their way to the small screen, then why should few and mostly does who don’t have work in Bollywood stay away?

Preity Zinta according to the channel sources, has been approached to host Colors’ new reality show Guiness Book of World Records- Ab India Todega. Other celebrity names to be tossed around include Lara Dutta, Kangana Ranaut and Sania Mirza. The show adapted from the international format Guinness Books of World Records will have Indians taking on records-holders from other countries. Produced by Miditech, the show is slated to go on air early next year.

A source from the channel tells us, “Many other celebs were in the list but Preity Zinta is the final choice though it is still to be finalized as she is also having talks with another reality show related to cricket. But the channel wants Preity to host this show and she is also interested as nothing like this has been done on TV before this.”

The source adds further, “the show’ promo will be out in the end of this week and the show will start from February.”

When we tried getting in touch with the channel head of Colors he remained unavailable.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 PM

COLORS' upcoming reality show, Guinness World Records will be hosted by Preity Zinta...

Bollywood's dimpled Lass, Preity Zinta is all set to host COLORS new offering, Guinness World Records- Ab India Todega. As the host of show that promises to put Indians on the world map, Preity echoes the concept of the show and represents the spirit of new India which is willing to take on the world and prove its place under the sun. Guinness World record that has enthralled the audience across 90 countries is brought to India by Miditech Pvt Ltd.

Guinness World Records- Ab India Todega will see the vivacious actor donning the hat of a host and a guide as Indians try to break international records and compete with the world record holders. Preity's deep sense of patriotism and her easy and natural charm will be the guiding factor for all the contestants to do their best and beat every world record thrown in their way. Her sense of humor and her never-say-die attitude makes her the perfect choice for bringing this unique show on to the mainstream platform.

Speaking about the new show and the host, Ashvini Yardi, Head, Programming, COLORS said, "Preity is the perfect choice as the host for the show as both she and Guinness World Records are debuting on the Indian small screen. Guinness World Record- Ab India Todega is a fresh concept and with Priety's effervescent presence we are confident that the show will enthrall our viewers. Her enthusiasm and zing would definitely encourage the participants to go all the way in breaking the international records and make our country proud. As a mascot of the show, she would be the best connect with the audiences & re-instill in them the pride & joy of being an Indian."

Talking about her association, Preity Zinta said, "I was sure that whenever I do make a move to the small screen, it would be something I believe in. Guinness World records- Ab India Todega is the perfect platform for my television debut. The show reflects my ideology to push oneself and compete with the best. There is also a feeling of pride in hosting a show that will put India on the international pedestal and will bring fame for Indians. I am sure viewers will have a good time watching the show."

The show certainly promises to set great standards of talent and with a host as talented as Preity Zinta; it is only going to get better.

As India gets ready to break world records… you get ready to witness the biggest show of courage and determination Preity Zinta only on COLORS..
Old 01-30-2011, 02:00 AM
klmn318

Thumbs up Actor and Kathak dancer Prachi Shah attempts to set a new record..

Prachi Shah who was earlier seen in COLORS' Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam attempts to set a new World Record for the most Kathak spins in a minute..

Prachi Shah Paandya who is an avid Kathak Dancer has attempted to break a World Record on COLORS' Guinness World Records – Ab India Todega.. The feat she achieved will almost give a 'Chakkar' to one and all!! Prachi put in her best effort to break the record for 'Most Kathak Spins or popularly called as Kathak Chakkar in a minute'.

Well there's more to it! With this record breaking act, viewers will see the first Indian face-off on the show between the two most prominent and beautiful kathak dancers of the country – Prachi Shah Paandya and Vidha Lal. They will be seen competing against each other to set a New Guinness World Record for 'Most Kathak spins in a minute'.

But before that the two beauties will also mesmerize host Preity Zinta by showcasing a hauntingly beautiful kathak performance on the famous song 'Kaahe Ched Ched Mohe' from the film Devdas.

Prachi who was delighted to be a part of the show said, "It really feels proud to be doing an act on stage for Guinness World Records- Ab India Todega and secondly to be doing something for which I am known for. Though I have been performing Kathak since long and chakkar being the most important step in that dance form, it was an interesting attempt to break this new record. But performing within a time limit required lot of practice and I am happy I could do as many possible". While Prachi completed 93 spins in a minute did she break the record?

To see if she gets her name etched in history by breaking the Record on Guinness World Records- Ab India Todega, tune in on Saturday, March 19th at 9 pm only on COLORS
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-30-2011, 07:57 AM
uvwx245

Post Terrence Lewis successfully breaks The Guinness World Record. .

Terrence Lewis successfully breaks The Guinness World Record. .

Old 02-11-2011, 05:14 PM

Sourabhee Debbarama, Indian Idol 4 winner has got into the Guinness World Records by attaining a unique feat.. Find out..

Remember Sourabhee Debbarama who went on to become the first female Indian winner of Sony's Indian Idol? After creating history in the fourth season of the show, the girl from Tripura is all set to get into the record books once again!!

Yes, you heard it right!! She will soon appear in COLORS' Guinness World Records – Ab India Todega..

According to our source, "Sourabhee who was the winner of Indian Idol 4 will add yet another feather in her cap with the upcoming show on COLORS. The girl attained the unique feat of singing a song 'upside down'. She apparently broke the record of a singer from New Zealand who had sung a song upside down for about 3 minutes and 25 seconds. Sourabhee managed to sing it in the same fashion for an excess of 4 minutes".

Guinness World Records – Ab India Todega will be hosted by the charming Preity Zinta and the heart throb Shabbir Ahluwalia. Preity will host the show from the studio while Shabbir will be the on-ground host.

We also hear that famous choreographer Longinus Fernandes will be choreographing the title track for which Preity and Shabbir will shake their legs..
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Default Shabbir Ahluwalia: I will break the record in sleeping

Shabbir Ahluwalia, the host of Colors TV's Guinness World Records - Ab India Todega desires to set a new record..

Shabbir Ahluwalia, the dashing co-host of Preity Zinta in COLORS' upcoming reality show Guinness World Records - Ab India Todega has a desire of breaking one mythological record, that of the sleeping giant Kumbhakarn.

Shabbir who always has this sense of humour tells us, "I will break the record in sleeping. I wish to compete with Kumbhakarn who slept for six months at a stretch (smiles). I would want to set a record of sleeping for the whole of a year".

On a serious note, Shabbir then clarifies, "I have never thought seriously of breaking any record. I love taking up challenges in my life, and I have done well when it comes to doing something out of the block. Having said this, I want to tell people that being a Khatron Ka Khiladi is different, and working on achieving a new record throughout your life is something very different".

Shabbir, guess an easier way of setting a new record is by counting on your innumerable girl fan following!! What say?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:19 PM

Default Preity Zinta at Colors new show ‘Guinness World Records’ in Mumbai

Old 03-10-2011, 12:20 PM

Old 03-10-2011, 12:21 PM

Old 03-12-2011, 01:06 PM
lmno659

Talking Television series

Television series

Guinness World Records has commissioned various television series documenting world record breaking attempts, including:
  • Guinness World Records UK
  • Guinness World Records Primetime
  • The Guinness Game
  • Australia's Guinness World Records
  • Guinness World Records: 50 Years, 50 Records
  • Ultimate Guinness World Records
  • Lo show dei record (Italian version)
  • Spain: El show de los récords (Antena 3) and Guinness World Records (Telecinco)
  • Record Breakers (BBC TV)
  • Guinness World Records Smashed (UK—Sky1)
  • Guinness World Records Portugal (PT—Sic)
  • NZ Smashes Guinness World Records
  • Światowe Rekordy Guinnessa 2009 (Guinness World Records 2009) (Poland—Polsat)
  • Australia Smashes Guinness World Records
  • Guinness World Records Ab India Todega India version
  • Guinness World Records (US—Cartoon Network)
  • Guinness rekord-TV (Swedish version

With the popularity of reality television, GWR began to market itself as the originator of the television genre, with slogans such as 'we wrote the book on Reality TV'.

The McWhirters co-presented the BBC television programme Record Breakers with Roy Castle from 1972 until Ross's death in 1975; Norris continued appearing on the show until his retirement in 1994. Cartoon Network showed Guinness World Records.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:56 PM

Terrence Lewis broke the record of choreographing the largest crowd in Colors' Guinness World Records - Ab India Todega...

India has already started breaking records that were set by people across world thro' COLORS' Guinness World Records - Ab India Todega. Here again we have our own, Master of contemporary dance Terrence Lewis, who broke a record that was set in Australia.

Terrence recently set a record by choreographing 1336 people at one go in an hour. He broke a record that was set in Australia where 1235 people were choreographed within an hour.

Being on cloud nine a very excited Terrence says "I am really happy that I made India proud and have brought the honor back to India. The moment was really an emotional one as well because I set the record in my own school ground where I started dancing".

Speaking about the experience and how he set the record, he says "I had a great experience choreographing people, but the main challenge was to alert them about the event and to get them participate in it. We had only two days for the preparation and I could only get hold of some people. When I asked school children, they said they really wanted to participate but had exams the next day, and there were also other problems to face as the event was a day prior to Holi and they had to perform in the afternoon heat".

"But finally people turned up for the event on a large scale and I am thankful to all those who came there to make the event a grand success. I felt that only we have the courage to stand under the hot sun for an hour and create a record for our country".

But what really encouraged Terrence to take this step?

He answers "I am a representative of International Council of Dance and they had asked me to generate the interest in people in dance by conducting activities here. I felt this could be the best way to do it and hence I approached the team of the show. But then Rob, from Guinness team UK, said that the task had to be done in two days as they were leaving. And hence all was done in a great hurry, but all our efforts really paid off."

Terrence choreographed a Bollywood number on the song Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom and intends to break his own record by choreographing more people on his contemporary style, which he assures will be soon.

He expresses his gratitude to various platforms the he got "I am really thankful to Dance India Dance for giving me the recognition and platform to stage myself and also the crew of Colors TV and their show Chak Dhoom Dhoom 2 - Team Challenge."

congratulates Terrence for his grand achievement and also looks forward for his next record breaking choreography!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:01 AM

Default Preity and Salman on the sets of Guinness World Records at RK Studios

Preity and Salman on the sets of Guinness World Records at RK Studios

Salman Khan and Preity Zinta kept everyone entertained on the sets of Guinness World Records - Ab India Todega

Old 04-16-2011, 01:19 PM

Colors' Guinness World Records - Ab India Todega to go off air in May. Khatron Ke Khiladi-Torchaar to take the slot.

Colors' Guinness World Records- Ab Todega India has given a setting stage for a lot of talented performers. Bollywood star Preity Zinta debuted as a host in television industry and talents showered on the stage breaking all the previous records that made India proud.

But the curtain is all set to fall as show reaches its finale.

A source says "The finale is set to be aired on 7th May and gracing the occasion will be none other than Bollywood superstar Salman Khan who will be seen promoting his upcoming movie, Ready."

Guinness World Records will be replaced by Khatron Ke Khiladi- Torchaar for which the contestants will head for Cape Town on 20th of this month.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:20 PM

Dum Maro Dum Team Promo

Old 04-22-2011, 10:17 AM

Shabbir Ahluwalia broke the record of longest motorcycle ride through a tunnel of fire...

Shabir Ahluwalia proved himself to be the real Khatron Ke Khiladi when it comes to attempting heart breaking stunts. After evidencing his mettle in the last season of Khatron Ke Khiladi, one could only wait to see his next big move in the adventure.

After the wait, he bags probably his biggest achievement after creating a record and inking his name in Colors' Guinness World Records- Ab India Todega.

Our source says, "Shabir attempted the record of longest motorcycle ride through a tunnel of fire. The stunt was comparatively death defying considering he is not a trained stuntsman and similar attempts can cause severe injuries."

"The only existing record was held by Clint Ewing who set the record in a distance of 200 ft. Shabir, who had earlier taken a pledge to break a record, rode through the fiery tunnel and set a new record that surpassed the old one by covering a distance of 224 ft 8 inch. With this, Shabir not only fulfilled his wish but also kept his promise given to his fans", adds the source.

Talking about his stunt, an elated Shabir said, "Yes, it's really a very nice feeling to break a world record. I was always a fan of Guinness World Record and I used to always think that the people who break the record are very extra ordinary. When I saw this act, I asked the production house whether I could give a shot to break the record. And when it comes to risk and adventure, I am always on it and this means a lot as I have broken a World Record."

We congratulate Shabir Ahluwalia, not only for breaking the record, but also for being the first television actor to break a World Record.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Manav-Shweta, new Guiness world Record holders!

Manav-Shweta, Nandish-Rashmi to compete each other in Colors' Guinness World Records - Ab India Todega

It is said that behind every successful man, there is a woman, and well the adage shall see its literal demonstration on Friday's episode of Colors TV's Guinness World Records – Ab India Todega.

It was the first time in history of the show, that two known Television couples Nandish Sandhu – Rashmi Desai (fame Uttaran) and Manav Gohil – Shweta Kawatra, both hailing from the same town battled each other out to win and set a world record for 'Fastest Wife Carrying Backwards for 20mtrs'.

The two couples were running neck to neck and the studio audience was glued to their seats as they enjoyed each minute of this exciting contest. But as the couples closed onto the finishing line, Nandish slipped and fell on the ground along with his wife Rashmi, which gave an easy chance for Manav to overtake and win.

Rob declared that he needed to have a look at a slow motion replay, and declared Manav and Shweta to be the winner.

A very excited Shweta says, "I was like Oh God, all of Manav's efforts shouldn't go in vain".

And Manav too expressed his happiness as he says, "I am happy we won at the end of the day".

Manav and Shweta are now the world leaders in this task as they set a record of 7.2. seconds.

Tags
colors, guinness world records ab india todega

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->