Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Divyanka Tripathi opts out of a TV show for short film..

Views: 1873  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-02-2011, 04:47 PM

Default Divyanka Tripathi opts out of a TV show for short film..

Divyanka Tripathi's prior commitments forces her to decline a meaty television offer...

'Vaidehi', produced by Four Lions Films and Endemol India is slated to be Star Plus' next big fiction show that will be launched post IPL.

The show as we know, is about the pure and unconditional bonding that a brother and sister share..

We hear that Divyanka Tripathi who has excelled as an actress in the last few years was offered to play the powerful and challenging role of the sister. She was last seen in SAB TV's Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabad Waale.

As per our source, "Divyanka was almost finalized to play the elder sister who is handicapped due to polio. She happened to be the best choice available for the role. The channel and production house were on the verge of getting her on board, but things did not materialize. Divyanka had some prior commitments and could not manage the dates. Hence she was forced to decline the offer".

With this, the search for the actor to play the sister is still on.

We contacted Divyanka Tripathi who said, "Yes, it is true that I was offered the sister's role. The role was very challenging and I would have loved to take it up. The problem is that I have already committed to do a short film, and will be going outdoor for its shoot. Above all, there was a clash in dates".

For the uninitiated, Barun Sobti of Baat Hamari Pakki Hai fame has been finalized as the male lead. The girl opposite him has also not been finalized.

Let's now see who bags this meaty role… As for Divyanka, it is better luck next time!!

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->