Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Queen of reality shows

Views: 2141  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 02-21-2011, 07:17 PM

Default Queen of reality shows

Vivacious, confident and talkative, Mona Singh is proud to be on her eleventh reality show with Imagine show Shaadi 3 Crore Ki. She knows just what works for her- be it work on television or matters of her heart. Mona reveals why she enjoys reality shows more than daily soaps and how she would like to be wooed.

You seem to be enjoying hosting Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa.
This time the experience of doing Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa has been much enjoyable, more fun than earlier seasons I have hosted. This time we all are having fun, doing masti on and off camera. The contestants and judges are all fabulous and Jhalak has not been in the news for fights between judges and contestants but for their mutual admiration. Most reality shows get in the limelight for the fights, cold wars backstage and all that drama. Jhalak is a good family show which the entire family can sit and enjoy.

How was the interaction with Madhuri Dixit?
Madhuri is such a refreshing personality, a lovely change to have on tv. She is a beautiful human being, a warm friendly person, a talented actor and a marvelous dancer. She is very approachable, so you can talk to her freely and you can listen to her for hours about her experiences in life. She is simply a wonderful, amazing person to be with, work with and to know personally.

Tell us about your new Imagine show Shaadi 3 Crore Ki?
I am excited to be working with SOL productions yet again as they make great shows. Other than shooting in Delhi, which I am going to love and what am looking forward to, the other reason why I accepted the show was that Ali Asgar is going to be the co host. Ali Asgar is the best comedian-host you can work with. He has a great sense of timing and is a wonderful person. I am thrilled about being part of Shaadi 3 Crore Ki. I wish I could have this glamorous three crore wedding! It is something that the Indian audiences have not seen before.

You recently said you get offers for daily soaps but are inclined towards hosting reality shows. Why is that?
Acting is my main focus in life but on television, I want to stick to reality shows because I enjoy the procedure of shooting a reality show. It is different from doing a daily serial, where you don’t get any free time for yourself. You don’t have a personal life. A reality show starts and ends in a specific time period. A daily soap has no definite end. You work with the same people day in and day out for months and years, living the same character. In a reality show, you shoot two episodes a week and are free to pursue other interests. Different reality shows bring different atmosphere, contestants, judges, more people to interact with. It is much more fun. This is my eleventh reality show and I am enjoying myself.

Which reality show would you say was the most satisfying, enriching experience?
I can’t possibly name any one. For me, all my shows have been hits and I am glad people have appreciated my work. I am lucky to get one reality show after the other. When I participated in Jhalak, it was a complete different experience to now when I am hosting it. I didn’t know how to dance and today I can call myself a decent dancer. Then Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega brought a new audience and new interaction for me. We saw such amazing talent.

Do you ever miss Jassi?
I don’t miss Jassi as I have lovely memories of the show. It gave me everything. I am happy the show ended at a time when it was at its peak. If people miss your show then it is a good thing than they wishing the show goes off air. I do miss working with the entire cast and crew of Jassi.

What is your ideal man like?
I don’t think there is an ideal man or woman in this world as no one is totally perfect. If we are in love with someone, we should accept them as they are. I think you should be best friends with whoever you are.

What is your idea of romance?
I definitely would be like to be wooed but differently, not in the usual manner. I don’t like romantic drives, candles, cake, flowers and chocolate as they are cliché and done to death. I would want my man to think hatke, out of the box.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->