Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sushmita Mukherjee back in Gunwale...

Views: 1815  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-17-2009, 04:02 PM

Default Sushmita Mukherjee back in Gunwale...

Versatile actress Sushmita Mukherjee a.k.a. the original Kitty from Karamchand, is back in the limelight. And this time after a long gap. Last seen in Kulvadhu a couple of years back, this time Sushmita is back with Gunwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge.

The show, all set to go on air from today, will see her playing the role of a loser called Chandy. Explains Sushmita, "Chandy is a loser in all respects. She wants her son to be a future gangstar but he scores over 80% in exams! Now how can she force a brilliant student into becoming a gangster? There are many such hillarious situations involving Chandy, her brother, husband and sister in law (Himani Shivpuri)." Vijay Kashyap is playing the role of her brother in the show.

Sushmita is also working on the remake of cult movie Seeta Aur Geeta. This is the first time a remake of such a big hit will be made for television. "I am playing the role of old vamp played by Manoramaji in the movie," says Susmita. "Manoramaji portrayed that role very nicely and she used her eyes and hands innovatively while emoting any scene. However, I am giving it a different treatment altogether," she adds.

When is it being telecast? "I am not sure when, but I am given to understand that a concrete decision will be taken only after IPL."
Apart from this, the actress known for her wit and intelligence is also writing her first novel -- a fiction and also completing two films Tere Sang and Maruti Mera Dost.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->