Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

India’s Got Talent winners got Rewards

Views: 2083  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-25-2009, 03:57 PM

Default India’s Got Talent winners got Rewards

They are bonded labourers who are now in possession of Rs.5 million and a brand new luxury car (Maruti Ritz). A cash reward of Rs 10 million and 4 acres of land from the Orissa government just serves as the icing on the cake. This truly is a rags-to-riches story for Prince Group who won the inaugural India’s Got talent reality show. The tales of these 20 men makes us believe that miracles do happen.

Speaking to a tabloid, Krisha Mohan Reddy, the group’s leader said, “We’ve heard that our government has announced a prize for us. We feel honoured and delighted that our efforts have paid off.”
The group consists of 20 men who hail from the slums of Behrampur, Orissa. They work as labourers at a construction site. The group assembles together in the evening and practice till late night.

Reddy also expressed a desire to carry forward his passion. The choreographer wants to build a dance academy in the land allotted to him and also aspires to perform internationally.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-25-2009, 04:37 PM

Princely win

Prince dance group emerged as the ultimate winners in the first season of India’s Got Talent. The finale had special guests Shahid Kapoor and Rani Mukhrjee, who were there to promote their new film, Dil Bole Haddipa. Rani was the one who announced the winner.

Krishna, who heads the group, tells us: “This is the first time in our lives that we have got so much recognition, it is because of the audience’s huge responses that we won the final. Our lives have changed. We will not work in other jobs after this; we are now professional dancers.”

The dancers would paint themselves and try to represent a story in every show. “We always painted ourselves in different colours and portrayed different stories, I wanted to give them the look of statues,” he says. The members, who are labourers from a small village in Orissa, won a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh and a Ritz Car that they say they will drive one by one.

“We will start an academy with this money, where poor kids will get dance lessons free of cost,” says Krishna. The men are reluctant to talk about their tough lives prior to the show, but some of them had reportedly resorted to begging to survive. “We work on building construction sites as labourers, but from today we will stop all this.” Krishna says he had faith in his group right from the beginning. “I always wanted to form a group like this, but I never thought we would get so far in this show. It’s because of God’s grace and their hard work that we managed to win.”

The dancers always perform stories based on Lord Krishna. “My mother gave me this name and my family worships Lord Krishna. He inspires us, so we like to show his stories in our acts,” says the namesake. Despite its success, the group plans to go back to its hometown. “We will come to Mumbai only when there is work; the village is our home, our families are there, and we are happy there.” The group also gave its thanks to the three judges, Shekhar Kapur, Kirron Kher and Sonali Bendre, for their comments and encouragement.

Tags
india’s got talent

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->