Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Kangana and Big B together

Views: 1734  
Old 06-24-2009, 02:10 PM

Default Kangana and Big B together

After almost 4 months after the release of Big B's film The Actor, Director Kushan Nandy has zeroed down on Kangana Ranaut as the female lead in the film.

Produced by Daddy Pritish Nandy, Kushan had interacted with Kangana at a couple of occasions and felt she was perfect for the job. The film was rumoured to have been based on the life of Big B more like a biopic. But now the reps at Pritish Nandy Communications have rubbished them by saying the film is more of a thriller.

Penned by Kushan Nandy, Kiran Shyam Shroff, and Ghalib Asad, Amitabh Bachchan essays the role of Ashmit Bhargava. Pritish Nandy had said, "'I don't think anyone else could've played Ashmit Bhargava the way Kushan wrote the character. The protagonist has to be an icon who's about 55-60 years old, portraying what's according to the script the greatest actor playing the biggest role of his life.'

Pritish also brushed the rumours of a tiff with Big B in the past, saying, "Amitabh and I go back a long, long way. I've known him from long before the troublemakers were born. It was just a matter of the right vehicle for the amazing actor. When my son came up with 'The Actor', I knew this was it. I immediately approached Amitabh. We met several times and he agreed.'

As far as Kangana's character goes, it is learnt that the actress will play a crucial part in unveiling the mystery in the film. Kangana reportedly loved the role and gave her nod. She will be playing a smart journalist in the film. The break-up with Adhayayan has definitely worked in Kangana's favour we must say!

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum