Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Kalpana Bora FARES Pratigya..

Views: 3252  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-10-2010, 06:00 PM

Default Kalpana Bora FARES Pratigya..

Kalpana Bora who essays the role of Kesar in Star Plus' Pratigya will be quitting the show very soon..

The role of Kesar played by the talented actress Kalpana Bora has surely been sidelined for quite sometime now, in Star Plus' Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya. With the 'Woh' coming into her life in the form of Arushi (Avantika Hundal), Kesar has certainly lost her battle.

If this is not enough, the latest news is that Kalpana Bora has decided to quit the show due to personal reasons.

According to our source, "Kalpana is leaving the show. She has already put down her papers, and her last date will be on December 31st. Her contract expires only in February 2011, but she is leaving due to certain reasons".

We hear that the role of Kesar will get equally important now and this forces the production house to look for a replacement.

When contacted, Kalpana confirmed the news saying, "Yes, I am already serving my notice period. My last date will be December 31st. I am going abroad for few months as my husband is shifting to Sydney. I need to be with him when he shifts, and I have informed the production house of my personal responsibilities".

Ask what happens to the character and she is quick to say, "Kesar got popular because of me. I really have no idea what they will do with the character. I have tried asking them, but have not got a reply from them".

We tried calling Pearl Grey but she remained unavailable for comments..

Let's wait and watch to know what happens to the character of Kesar once Kalpana exits from the show..

About the show:
  • Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya is an Indian soap opera which aired on STAR Plus. The series premiered on 7 December 2009 and was ended on 27 October 2012. It starred Pooja Gaur and Arhaan Behl.
  • A new season of the series Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya 2 premiered on 15 March 2021 on Star Bharat and Utsav Bharat (UK/Europe Only) produced by Director's Kut Productions.
  • The was remade in Marathi as Devyani on Star Pravah. It was dubbed in Telugu on Star Maa as Pavitra.
Story, Plot:
  • It is the story of a woman Pratigya who will go to any lengths to fight for her rights. Krishna belongs to the Thakur family known for their power in Allahabad. The Thakurs, headed by Krishna's father, Sajjan Singh, are rooted deep in tradition and superstition. The Saxena family, however, are traditional but believe in progressive thinking and educating their daughters Pratigya and Arushi. Krishna Thakur and Pratigya Saxena eventually fall in love despite seeming incompatible in the beginning.
  • Krishna is Pratigya's secret admirer, and he forces her to marry him. To protect Pratigya, her brother Adarsh marries Komal, Krishna's sister. Pratigya is not satisfied with her marriage, but over time she realises Krishna's genuine love for her.
  • Krishna's brother, Shakti, causes his wife Kesar to lose her mental stability. As a result, Pratigya starts caring for Shakti and Kesar's son, Samar. Shakti marries Menka, who wants to usurp the property of the Thakur family. Abhimanyu Singh Yadav, Sajjan Singh's illegitimate son, emerges and stakes claim to his rights and start planning against the family. Meanwhile, in the Saxena household, Tanmay, Arushi's ex-husband, plans to **** Adarsh.
  • The show takes a leap when Pratigya and Krishna officially adopt Samar. The show ends with Pratigya gets pregnant and give birth to a baby girl, and the whole family celebrates.
Star Cast:
  • Pooja Gor as Pratigya Krishna Singh (née Saxena) - Krishna's wife, Aarushi and Adarsh's sister and Samar's adoptive mother/aunt(2009−2012)
  • Arhaan Behl as Krishna Singh Thakur - Pratigya's husband, Shakti and Komal's brother and Samar's adoptive father/uncle(2009−2012)
Season 2, Future:
  • The series was off aired in October 2012. In early 2013, the series was confirmed returning with a new season based on story of lead character Pratigya and Krishna's daughters.
  • Neha Marda was roped as one of the leads and the pilot episode was shot and approved by the channel but the series was dropped when the discussions between the production house and channel stalled.
  • However, on 19 February 2021, the series was confirmed returning with a new season on Star Bharat.
  • Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya 2 premiered on 15 March 2021, is produced by former season producer Pearl Grey along with Rajan Shahi under Director's Kut Productions.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->