Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP 10 Controversies, Unknown Facts - Shark Tank India's Vineeta Singh

Views: 873  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-30-2022, 05:48 PM

Default TOP 10 Controversies, Unknown Facts - Shark Tank India's Vineeta Singh

After a successful season 1, the entrepreneurial TV show Shark Tank India is all set to hit the TV screens with season 2. Vineeta Singh, who was one of the popular Sharks in season 1, spoke exclusively to ETimes TV about her experience of being associated with the show in season one and two and what the second season has to offer. The successful entrepreneur revealed how her journey has been full of struggles and setbacks but she managed to sail through and emerge successful. She opened up about the phase when she doubted herself and her capabilities and the in-famous mother's guilt that women go through. She stated that she wants to be a role model for the women entrepreneurs of this generation which she didn't have. (Photo: Instagram)

​Your experience as a Shark in season one?

It is a huge privilege to be a part of Shark Tank India season 1. When the team first came to me and said that they want to bring the show to India, I had all these questions like will the audience watch people negotiating business proposals on prime time television and on a GEC channel. I felt it was impossible because we don’t like to talk about money openly, that's how we are as a society. But season one was able to establish what the show says “bharat ab samjhega business ki asli value” and I think it really came out well. Business became a household conversation. (Photo: Instagram)

​I started my journey 15 years ago when entrepreneurship was like unemployment

I started my journey 15 years ago when entrepreneurship was like unemployment. It had zero respect and people would think twice before marrying their daughters to an entrepreneur thinking that their future will be risky. But it is all getting changed now. In the last 6 months I have met so many young kids whose parents say that they love watching Shark Tank India and are so inspired to start their own business. They are proud and they are not discouraging their kids to start a business fearing they will fail. The entire conversation that has started around entrepreneurship is super important for India’s growth story and becoming aspiration and career has happened because of Shark Tank. From the smallest of towns people are coming and presenting their businesses and I feel very lucky that I am going to be a part of season 2 as well. (Photo: Instagram)

​Do you feel the pressure with season 2?

Yes, in any series if you see season 2 is the toughest because season 1 had no prior expectations. Now, season 1 has already set a bar which you have to raise so going into season 2 all of us felt that pressure. The quality of pitches and deals that have happened in season 2 I am very relieved. I feel it is far superior to season 1 and all of that is going to be visible when the show airs. (Photo: Instagram)

​Are there more disputes between Sharks this time?

Yes, there were a lot of disagreements between the Sharks more than season 1 (laughs). There are more episodes, deals and fights this time and investments as well. (Photo: Instagram)

​What do you have to say about the fame you receive?

In India only film-stars were popular and if at all next were cricketers. I had never imagined in my life that there would be a time in my lifetime when entrepreneurs will also become mainstream household names. I am very lucky with this big change that is coming. India is fundamentally an entrepreneurial country, every household has businessmen now they are getting celebrated. For us as Sharks to become these household names it is a huge privilege and responsibility that we don’t want to let down the trust of the fans. (Photo: Instagram)

​"Mohalle waali aunty toh Tabhi khush hoti hai jab aap TV par aao”

The feedback I am getting is really good. When I speak to a young 8 year-old girl who tells me she wants to be an entrepreneur like me, it is an amazing feeling. While growing up for me I never had women entrepreneurs as role models for me. And now these girls have Namita, me and other women entrepreneurs who are pitching on the show and to be a part of that change means a lot to me. Yes, it happens when I am at the airport or a mall - people do come for selfies, photos and you are not ready for it. I become conscious when people constantly look at me. The adjustment takes time but as Aman says, “Woh mohalle waali aunty toh Tabhi khush hoti hai jab aap TV par aao”. (Photo: Instagram)

​How do you deal with trolls? Especially the Raju Rostogi's mom from 3 Idiots meme

When Shark Tank season 1 was on air, one of the biggest trolling that I experienced was when a meme was made using three of my photos and one of Raju Rastogi’s mom’s from 3 Idiots. The meme went viral. Initially, I felt people are so mean but then my team came up to me and told me we are in 2022 and if you are on social media you’ll be trolled. So rather than running away or getting scared you should own everything about you, including the trolling that happens about your looks or how you look. That led to me creating the meme and it was my team’s idea. When I made that meme, it was well appreciated and I am happy because finally something that could have bothered me or impacted my mental health, I owned it and responded to it. Now, I don’t mind it and I myself now say that I look like Raju Rastogi’s mom. (Photo: Instagram)

​Something about your journey as a mother and an entrepreneur?

I am very proud of my journey not just as an entrepreneur but also as a mother. I strongly feel kids learn from what they see and not what we tell them. The fact that my kids see me going through, working hard and being ambitious, it's going to ensure that they also grow up wanting to work hard and become ambitious. (Photo: Instagram)

​More than 100 venture capitals had turned us down

As a woman entrepreneur there were many hardships like fundraising was very difficult. More than 100 venture capital had turned us down. My eldest son is as old as my cosmetic brand. I gave birth to both my kids during my entrepreneurial journey. I used to be scared what my investors would say that I am getting distracted because of my pregnancies and kids. If you're going to focus on family, how will you manage business? All these things were going into my mind. Every woman goes through this biggest challenge in life: the guilt that should I focus on my family or business, how should I balance both. If I am at home there’s a guilt that work might suffer and if you are in office there’s a guilt that I am missing out on family time. I feel every woman goes through it and I am happy I went through it and I spoke about it. (Photo: Instagram)

​The role model I didn’t have I want to be that for the next generations

I have 2500 women in my team and for each one of them now seeing my struggles and witnessing that it is normal to have that guilt, failures, struggle, setbacks and still continue fighting and turn things around gives hope. Finally, that’s what we all need, hope. The role model I didn’t have I want to be that for the next generations. (Photo: Instagram)

​Before launching my cosmetic brand I was at a stage where I doubted myself

The biggest challenge and difficulty was to be an entrepreneur. There were two or three businesses that I started which did not succeed. Before launching my cosmetic brand I was at a stage where I felt I made a huge mistake by choosing to be an entrepreneur. I started questioning myself that was I meant to be one? Maybe I was not good enough. That self doubt and feeling that you are not good enough is much tougher than any other physical, financial struggles. Duniya joh bhi kahe agar aap apne aap mein hero Ho toh bus but I wasn’t. Being an entrepreneur has been the toughest aspect of my life than being a mother or a woman. But I am glad I stuck around and now I know entrepreneurs come in all shapes, sizes, age background, gender, educational background, cities. But 15 years ago, an entrepreneur was seen as someone like an ambitious, visionary sounding man like Steve Jobs. Because there was no diversity in entrepreneurs. (Photo: Instagram)

Tags
Shark Tank India, Shark Tank India 2, Shark Tank India 2023, Vineeta Singh

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->