Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Here the Reasons - WHY TOP TV actresses who quit their popular shows

Views: 1115  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-16-2021, 03:15 PM

Default Here the Reasons - WHY TOP TV actresses who quit their popular shows

There are many television actors, who leave their popular characters behind because of a tiff or a disagreement with makers of the show. There are several cases in the telly town where the actors and producers don't meet eye to eye on certain topics, which ultimately leads to a fallout between them. Eventually, the show deals with its consequences but like it's said, 'The show must go on' and either the actors are replaced or a different track is introduced with a generation's leap. Let's read on to know about such popular cases: (Photo: Instagram)

Disha Vakani - Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

Disha Vakani is still fresh in the hearts of the people as the adorable 'Dayaben' from one of the longest running sitcoms, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. She took a maternity break from the show, which turned out to be a very long wait for the fans of the show. Show's producer, Asit Modi, has time and again stated that they are working out on something, till then even the makers are patiently waiting for Disha Vakani to return to the show. In an earlier interview with ETimes TV, Asit Modi had said: "I understand that the audience has got tired of waiting for Daya bhabhi and they want to see her back and I can understand their sentiments. I can understand that the viewers want to see Daya Ben and even I want to see her again on the show. From an audience perspective if I see I also want Daya Bhabhi on the show, but during this pandemic few things are not possible and the audience will have to support me for the next 2-3 months. I request them to understand our situation." (Photo: Instagram)

Hina Khan - Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Hina Khan essayed the character of Akshara in the popular show, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai for eight consecutive years. The actress' reported tiff with producer Rajan Shahi grabbed headlines after he commented about the show's growth in terms of its TRP after her exit. The producer had also mentioned, he would never bring Hina back to the show. This hurt the actress and she asked, "Why was he quiet when we were part of the show for eight long years? During that time, he went on record to praise both of us for our dedication and professionalism. Despite the work pressure, disagreements and other work opportunities, we continued to stay loyal to the show and supported the producer." (Photo: Instagram)

Shilpa Shinde - Gangs of Filmistan

Shilpa Shinde made headlines after her abrupt exit from the comedy show, Gangs of Filmistan. Shilpa had accused the makers of GOF for leaking WhatsApp chats and shared the mail exchange between them on her social media account. The actress levelled some serious charges against the producers, which included extending work hours, exploiting the artists, not giving the script and flouting the COVID-19 guidelines. In an interview with ETimes TV back then, Shilpa Shinde had said, "We have been shooting from seven in the morning to eleven in the night. I don't know where these association people are. Why don't they notice this.? How artists are being exploited? They are always there to sabotage someone's image, but when we are working for 12 hours and more, nobody is raising a question. We were told that we will shoot for the show only twice in a week but we are shooting everyday. I had mentioned that I will do the show (GOF) on one condition that I don't want to work with Sunil Grover but they lied to me and said he is not there in the show. Later, I learnt from outside that he was a part of the show. When he is around, you can't do anything. He takes over the entire act. We are never given scripts, our gags get destroyed and we don't get to perform at all. I am not making a comeback to stand behind in the crowd and clap." (Photo: Instagram)

Shilpa Shinde - Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain

Shilpa Shinde became everyone's favourite as Angoori bhabhi from the show, Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain in 2016. Her character was adored by the audience for the innocence. However, she bid adieu to the show on bitter terms. Shilpa accused the producers of mentally torturing her and called Binaifer a "tyrant" and was embroiled in a legal battle too. The actress also claimed of the producers being partial towards Saumya Tandon (the other character on the show). Shilpa even went ahead and made serious charges of ***ual harassment against Sanjay Kohli (husband of producer Binaifer Kohli). (Photo: Instagram)

Deepika Singh - Diya Aur Baati Hum

Deepika Singh had an issue with the producers of Diya Aur Baati Hum for not making due payments to the actress, who played the role of Sandhya Rathi - the IPS officer. After a long battle, they came on the common grounds of resolving the issue mutually. Deepika wasn't handed over her entire amount but a substantial amount was paid, which is usually the case when the case is solved on mutual consent. (Photo: Instagram)

Rajshree Thakur - Shaadi Mubarak

Rajshree Thakur made a smashing comeback on the television with the show, Shaadi Mubarak. Unfortunately, after a few months, the actress quit the show citing creative differences with the producers. The actress stated that she couldn't cope up with the hectic schedules and even requested the makers to introduce parallel tracks. In an interview with ETimes TV, Rajshree clarified by stating, "We never fought over anything and everything happened on a mutual note. I had put in my papers two weeks back and had informed the producers well in advance about my exit. We sat across the tables and tried to figure out a way that this doesn’t happen but we couldn’t come up with a midway. I tried to tell my side of the story to the production house, and I also suggested having more parallel tracks, but I had to be there in each and every scene which was not possible for me. The makers too didn’t want to shift or change the storyline much. So in the end, I had to quit." (Photo: Instagram)

Tags
Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain, deepika singh, Disha Vakani, Diya Aur Baati Hum, Gangs of Filmistan, hina khan, photos, Rajshree Thakur, Shaadi Mubarak, shilpa shinde, taarak mehta ka ooltah chashmah, top 10, tv stars, yeh rishta kya kehlata hai

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->