Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Deepika Padukone Delivers A Heart Wrenching Speech On Depression At The World Economi

Views: 582  
Old 01-21-2020, 07:23 AM

Default Deepika Padukone Delivers A Heart Wrenching Speech On Depression At The World Economi

Deepika Padukone has always been very vocal about her battle with depression and anxiety. While Deepika is one of the most sought after actresses in the industry currently, she has not shied away from Talking about her mental nealth. And in her attempt to bring about more awareness about mental health issues, Deepika has started her Live Love Laugh foundation.

And it is for her exemplary contribution to the cause of raising awareness about mental health, that DP was awarded during the Crystal Awards at the World Economic Forum in Davos recently. It was the Chhapaak actress acceptance speech that had us all teary-eyed and with immense respect for her!

Deepika Padukone Delivers A Heart Wrenching Speech On Depression At The World Economic Forum In DavosRevealing the pain he felt during her fight with depression, Deepika said during the acceptance speech, “15th February 2014. I vividly remember waking up with a hollow feeling in my stomach. I felt empty and directionless. I felt irritable and for someone who loves to multi-task, taking decisions suddenly felt like a burden. I would cry endlessly. Waking up every morning had become a struggle. I was exhausted. And I often thought of giving up.”

Deepika revealed that it was around this that her mother advised her to seek professional help and that was when she was diagnosed with Clinical Depression and Anxiety. The Bajirao Mastani actress further said, “Depression is a common yet serious illness. It is important to understand that anxiety and depression are like any other illness and treatable. It was the experience with this illness that encouraged me to set up Live Love Laugh.”

Trending

Watch the complete speech here:

On the professional front, Deepika saw the release of her film Chhapaak directed by Meghna Gulzar. The film revolves around the life of real-life acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal.

Released on the 10th January 2020, Chhapaak also features Vikrant Massey as the male lead of the film. The film has gained Deepika Padukone love from the fans and also critical acclaim for her natural acting and uncanny resemblance to Laxmi.

Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!

The post Deepika Padukone Delivers A Heart Wrenching Speech On Depression At The World Economic Forum In Davos appeared first on Koimoi.

More...

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum