Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Bhabhi in a new avatar

Views: 2098  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Sr.Member

Default Bhabhi in a new avatar

Dolly Sahi who we all better know as Bhabhi will now be seen in a completely new role. Industry insiders suggest that she will soon be portraying the role of Rani Laxmibai in a new show Jhansi Ki Rani which is to be launched soon.

"I have been approached 5 days back but it's not finalized till now as the channel confirmation has still not come," informs Dolly adding that she is very keen to play the role.

Dolly who recently got married was away for a month. She was taking a break in Canada. But soon after she returned, she was planning her comeback on television. And that’s when she heard about the role.

“I was waiting for the right thing to come my way and that's why I didn't take up anything else and when I got a call for this, I told them that I would be very stupid if I say no to this," says Dolly with a smile.

Sahi says that she has always longed to be a part of a historical role such as this.

"Nowadays many shows that are doing well are based on historical stories. This concept is very unique and challenging as it inspires the Indian woman to a great extent. I'll be very happy if I am given this role.”

"Jhansi ki Rani was the first female warrior of our country and she was very powerful. It is definitely very difficult as apart from being challenging, it is a big responsibility,” adds the actress.

The lady says that apart from preparing herself mentally for the tough character, she has also started reading all about the historical character.

"In school we all have already learnt about Jhansi ki Rani but still I've recently taken out all the information from the net about her. I am very fascinated but at the same time too scared to play this character,” she says wistfully.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->