Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

F Factor I have taught my wife to cook, says an unabashed Roshesh

Views: 2113  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-13-2009, 04:42 PM
superman

Default F Factor I have taught my wife to cook, says an unabashed Roshesh

Very few know his real name. This is no offense to him but a compliment to his acting s****s. He is the ultimate object of ridicule…yet he is adorable and funny. Meet Rajesh Kumar, who played Roshesh, the sweet, shy and perfectly 'straight' younger brother in Star One's popular comedy, Sarabhai vs Sarabhai. Having popularised the character of Roshesh, Rajesh is a household name today. Momma’s boy as he was in the serial, Rajesh in real life too is quite a momma’s boy. Though he is quick to add that unlike his screen life character he is not a typical South Mumbai boy. “I am a very middle-class boy and only dream of being a South Mumbai boy someday. Hence the identification ends there.”

Though Rajesh was seen in serials like Kkususm, Khichdi, Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya and now Ba Bahu or Baby, he is recognised as Roshesh.

Talking on how life changed after he got married to co-actress Madhavi he says, “Immediately after our marriage she was working in a serial, Kkanch and she would be out of the house. And I had consciously decided on taking any work so I would end up cooking for her and then waiting for her to return. In fact I was like a nayee dulhan!!

My parents live in Patna. I moved to New Delhi for studies and began doing theatre there. I came to Mumbai to visit my sister and stayed on, being with theatre and then television. Till date, I have never had a portfolio done. It was one serial that led to another.”

Rajesh loves to cook and is an excellent cook. “I enjoy it and have a big collection of recipe books,” he gushes. “ I am a pure vegetarian and I can cook almost 50% of the veg dishes. In fact when Madhavi is out on work I cook. The best dishes I can cook are dal, chawal, rajma and perfectly round rotis! Anything cooked with paneer is my specialty. I have no hesitation in saying that at times I love being a house husband. During my struggling days we were 5 of us who lived together and I did all the cooking. At times I have rolled out over 40 rotis at a time! Let me tell you a secret I have taught my wife to cook. Now she too cooks very well. I am a very fussy eater, as I understand cooking I also instruct my daily bai to cook as per my recipes. They ask me and not Madhavi what has to be cooked for the day! Probably they see a woman hidden in me somewhere”!!

Rajesh experiments a lot with food and is a huge fan of Thai cuisine. But that is only when he is eating at restaurants. But when at home he enjoys a simple home cooked meal of dal, chawal and alu ki sabji. He has a big sweet tooth and loves sevai and kheer.

“As I am a good cook I am very fussy about food. I don’t eat out often but when I do it is either at Urban Tadka for its authentic Punjabi cuisine or at Lotus (Inorbit) for Thai food. Madhavi has now been trained by me to be a perfect cook,” he states proudly.

Talking of what he would like to do on a Sunday the funny man replies,” Sleep! In fact what I enjoy most is sleeping. When not shooting you will either find me watching TV or just sleeping.”

Rajesh also enjoys reading and is a keen reader of thrillers. “A James Hadley Chase novel gives me a huge thrill. But my first love always remains outdoor games. I am a National level basketball player but was forced to give it up due to a spinal problem. Though now I do swim regularly.

Tags
interview

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->