Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

After Globe, Rehman eyes Oscar win

Views: 1732  
Old 01-12-2009, 03:08 PM

Default After Globe, Rehman eyes Oscar win

After winning the Golden Globe for best music, AR Rehman now wants to win the Oscar.
"For the people of India to get an Oscar is a big thing. So for their sake, more than mine, I hope my song 'Jai ho' and my music score in 'Slumdog Millionaire' win the Oscar," Rahman said in an interview.

The Bollywood music director won the award on Sunday night, becoming the first Indian to do so. "I see it as an honour for India, not just for me. More to come, hopefully," he said.

"The throbbing pulse of Mumbai has been superbly captured in the film. "Slumdog Millionaire" is about suffering, hope and redemption. If my music has made an impact in the West, it is because it has been projected so effectively," he said.

Speaking about how people were reacting to Mumbai after the attacks of November, Rahman said: "Everyone is a bit shaken. Security has been tightened even more in the US. But the way they look at India, our music and cinema is very positive. The image of Mumbai is still intact. I got the right vibes in Los Angeles. A lot of people want to come to India to collaborate in our entertainment industry. Akon and Nelly Furtago are interested. We just need to carry it forward."

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum