Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Mohit Lalwani Eliminated from Indian Idol 4

Views: 2871  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Sr.Member

Default Mohit Lalwani Eliminated from Indian Idol 4

Favorite of many, Mohit Lalawani got out last week in Indian Idol 4.

It was another shocking elimination last Saturday on Indian Idol 4 with one of the favorites Mohit Lalwani’s ouster. The young boy had tried his luck for the fourth time in Idol, but could not succeed in achieving his dream. Mohit was voted out by junta earlier, but got back into the race thro’ Wild Card.

“Though I am out of the show, I can say that I have not lost the battle yet, as I know I will rise again and will grow in the same field. I will sing and I’m confident about that,” says Mohit.

He had appeared in the show before. “I was there in all three seasons of Idol, but only in this season, I was able to come till the gala round. I am satisfied with my achievement, and will come back to Mumbai and make my career in music and singing” he adds further.

Talking about his journey the singer explains, “Though I could not win the coveted title, it was a very nice journey as I fulfilled my dream of making it to the Gala of Idol. I’m taking this loss in a positive way. I will miss this stage and my friends, especially Prasanjeet, Torsha and others. Prasanjeet has been with me since start, and we will remain good friends in future too.”

What according to you went wrong and resulted in your eviction? “I really don’t know as I have always been doing well in the show. I think audience must have thought that I’m a good singer, so I will get my share of votes anyway”.

“My mother was there for my moral support. The day before the eviction she came to see the shoot, and unfortunately I was out the next day. She came on the stage and hugged me and was proud of me,” he adds further. From early childhood, Mohit was inspired by the singing s****s of his mother who dreamt about a career in music industry.

Besides completing his graduation, he has also completed Music [Hons] from the Music faculty of Delhi University. Mohit has shared his silky, soft, touchy voice with renowned singers like Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chouhan, Mika and many more during many stage shows/ live performances. During his college life, he has won many prizes and awards for his singing s****s.

When asked of who should win the title of Idol, his immediate answer was, “It should be Prasanjeet as he is the happy-go-lucky kind of person. The same thing can be heard from his voice too.”

Though there is still time left for the finale of Idol, let’s wait and watch to see who takes the title.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-12-2009, 03:10 PM

Default Mohit eliminated from Indian Idol

Mohit Lalwani, the dashing lad from Delhi who had a tremendous fan following, is out of Indian Idol. Mohit says his eviction came as a surprise to him.
"This was the least expected elimination of Indian Idol. Till 5 minutes after they announced my name, I was wondering that why did they take my name? I thought I would at least go till the top 3. I was totally stunned and speechless," says Mohit.

Prior to his eviction, Mohit sang Oe Hansini, a popular Kishore Kumar number, and garnered wide applause from all the judges. And therefore his elimination took them by surprise too.

"As I said earlier…it was the most unexpected eviction. Everyone started crying. Judges too were shocked especially Javedji who came up to me in my vanity too after the elimination. Sonaliji too didn’t know what to say. Anuji wasn't there otherwise I am sure he would have raised his voice."

Mohit is still unable to accept his ouster from the show. "Hamesha jo best gaata hai, wo hi next week eliminate hota hai. Mujhe best comments mile the judges ke aur jab kisiko achche comments milte hain toh audience bhi sochte hain ki isse toh already vote milenge hi and that's why they don't vote."

Mohit had a huge girl fan following and he believes that that has helped him get this far as well.

"My girl fan was the most and uss se definitely votes mein farak pada hoga but after all singing is the first priority."

And how much does he think has his link up with Tulika helped him?

"Votes kam hue honge par popularity badhi hogi. Tulika was just my very good friend right from Delhi aur realities mein toh ye sab baatein zaada hi exaggerate karke dikhaai jaati hain," he says.

According to the boy from Delhi, Prasenjit deserves to win the Indian Idol as he is a very versatile singer.

Tags
eliminated, indian idol 4, reality show, sony

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->