Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Abhas ventures into films

Views: 1853  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Sumathi

Default Abhas ventures into films

Remember the baby-faced Abhas Joshi you saw as a participant in Star Voice of India? The kid who became a boy through hosting Chhote Ustaad is all set to mature into a full fledged actor with his first step in Bollywood. That too, through a film that also stars Shatrughan Sinha and Rekha, besides Abhas himself.

"Yes it is true that I am foraying into Hindi films. Aaj Phir Jeene Ki Tamanna Hai is the movie where viewers will see me sharing screen space with Shatru-ji and Rekha-ji. This is the first time I will be acting in a film," confirms Abhash when asked about the development in his career. He will be playing the role of the couple's youngest son -- Jayant. "Please do not ask me any further detail on the film since it is scheduled for release in another two months." The film is being directed by Ramesh Talwar and produced by Poonam Sinha.

"The producer and director had been following my performance since the Voice of India and when they called me to offer this film I was recording in a studio. It came as quite a surprise to me," says Abhas who was very nervous about the whole thing. "I will never forget the first shot I had to give. It was a joint one with Shatru-ji, an actor known for 'one-take-ok' shots. I was so nervous and goofed up so many times that there were multiple retakes. But instead of getting angry, he sympathised and encouraged me till the shot was ok. He even said it was natural since it was my first ever film."

Does that mean Abhas's singing career takes a backseat? "Not at all. Next month my first album with Monty Sharma is releasing and I will also be anchoring the new season of Chhote Ustaad. So, singing is still very much my primary career," clarifies Abhas.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->