Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Suhana Corner: 'I'm coping with the breakup'

Views: 1944  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Award Winner

Default Suhana Corner: 'I'm coping with the breakup'

Hi friends… I will tell you one thing at the start only - I’ve not been in the best spirits all of last week. In fact, I’ve been quite miserable after discovering that Sid’s been two-timing me. I’m sure all of you are angry about it as well. Despite being so upset, I’m trying to move ahead with my life, thanks to my new family.

I don’t understand why this has happened to me. I’ve loved Sid a lot and now I’ve discovered that he has not loved me the same way. I want to move on with my life and never have anything to do with him anymore. You know na, I can never know how many women he has been with while he and I were seeing each other. I only feel sorry for Rita, as she’s had to abort a child.
I am never going to forgive Sid for this. I am certain of that! People like him don’t deserve any kind of love, and not mine for sure.
I feel bad with the way I’ve been treating Ishaan and my in-laws. Ishaan was so supportive of the whole agreement. I’m also feeling sorry for ma, Ishaan’s mother, who I argue with so much. I hope she forgives me for my behaviour.
Although I’m heartbroken about what conspired, I don’t want to do anything extreme. I also advice people, who have undergone heartbreak, not to take any extreme steps. Instead, here is something we should do when faced with such a scenario in our lives….
Don’t get into another relationship immediately: This is called rebound relationship. It’s very natural to fill a void by jumping into the next available relationship. Don’t get into a relationship because you’re feeling lonely. Give yourself time to heal. This way, you will also be fair to the other person na?
Avoid resorting alcohol and drugs: It’s a myth that alcohol or drugs or smoking will ease pain, it actually aggravates it. Believe me – studies have been conducted on this, and it is true. Friends, when we face something like this, we know that we can’t run away from the pain, even if you try and escape it for a short time, so go with the flow – deal with the pain. Alcohol and drugs are great ways to escape the pain, but once the effect wears off, you feel worse than you did before you consumed anything.
Discover yourself : You may feel that the whole world has come to an end when a relationship ends. But remember, we are all knit closely into a chain of events. The end of your relationship may actually be a new beginning. Try understanding yourself. Do what makes you happy - go for walks, write, read or join a yoga class. There may be some special qualities in you and now is the time to let them show. Sometimes solitude is good break from the chaotic lives we live.
Go for therapy, if you want expert help: Sometimes no amount of advice, cajoling or consoling seems useful. Chances of going under depression are higher. Even getting a whiff of the same perfume your partner wore may take you back to painful memories. You may feel surging emotions of taking untoward steps since it seems like life has no purpose or meaning. But, remember we all have families, people who love us at all times and at all situations. The time you get such feelings, it is advisable to visit a professional counselor or a psychiatrist. Speak your mind out to somebody. Trust me, it helps! Guys… Life is too precious to be wasted on somebody who does not care about you. A professional can help you change your perspective and help you cope with the change.
Pamper yourself: A breakup may be tough to overcome and no one else can feel what you feel. It is difficult to mend a broken heart but not impossible. And the best way to do that is to pamper yourself. Some of us think of retail therapy – go and spend your heart’s will on all that you want. Some of us like to eat sweets and chocolates. OMG… I don’t think that’s the best advice however, HELLO… REMEMBER! You have to pay the bill or burn the calories after you get over the pain, if you know that you can manage that - go right ahead! If not, try other options!

Tags
sasural genda phool, suhana

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->