Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Dadisa of Balika Vadhu's memorable moments

Views: 2498  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-15-2010, 12:07 PM

Default Dadisa of Balika Vadhu's memorable moments

There was a time when the ladies on TV wore jari saris or, let's say, transparent sarees, with lots of make-up and bindis, but Dadisa has changed this trend from the show Balika Vadhu. Surekha Sikri aka Dadisa of Balika Vadhu, who plays the semi character in the show talks about the TRP of the show and her memorable moments on the show…

Avika
Gor’s hospitalisation in the show was being called a TRP-boosting hunt...

Balika Vadhu had been a favourite with viewers for two years now. I don’t believe that it requires such stunts. The incident was just a part of the storyline. However, I am overwhelmed with the kind of response that the show has received and the love little Anandi has received and how people prayed that she should came back. And I guess that’s how a show becomes successful

Old 04-15-2010, 12:07 PM

Would you agree that you portray a strict granny?

(Laughs) My appearance might be stern and strict. But no, kids are not at all afraid of me. Whichever kids I have met, want to click pictures with me. They hug me and call me Dadisa. Kids are not scared of me.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:08 PM

Weren’t you apprehensive playing a granny?

I am not playing a granny, I am playing a character that is challenging and interesting. If you look at Kalyani, she is a mother, mother-in-law and then granny who has gone through a change of heart. As an actor, I don’t like to play stereotyped roles unless there is a reason for me to do so. People like my character, Dadisa, and how I carry it is what matters to me.

So which was your memorable moment from the show?

There are so many, but when Mahavir Singh entered our life and he was making life hell for us, that was one of the best tracks of the show, I believe. When my eld

Are you taking any new shows?

I am open to interesting offers and good scripts, but there’s nothing new as of now.

But we heard that you say no to films because of Balika Vadhu?

Yes, that is because I was too busy with this show and I did not have the time to take on more work.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->