Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

What Nikhil Arya likes on TV

Views: 1865  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Award Winner

Default What Nikhil Arya likes on TV

Nikkhil Arya has now taken a break from television and is concentrating on quality work but he thinks Indian television is the best. We spoke to him on soaps, reality shows and the future of Indian television …

The best thing about Indian television:

Like Bollywood is one of the biggest film industries in the world, similarly, I believe that Indian television has the scope to be really big with a lot of opportunities for everybody who has something to offer. Just the size of the audience and the cultural mix allows Indian television to potentially try out a world of ideas.

All time favorite show?

Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi for its writing. Simply to have such a long-running serial, comedy at that, and not for a moment seem like a drag, is a huge achievement, which I don’t think any other show has been able to accomplish. And to say, that the chemistry between the characters was good is an understatement. There is no substitute to a combination of great acting and great writing.

Anything you like to change in television:

More risks being taken, trends not being set, for the sake of being followed. Our country has the best…writers, creatives, producers, directors and actors who still haven’t been challenged to their optimum.

Reality shows:

It’s nice to see a lot of actors do very well on reality shows. But, I will always be partial towards being a part of story-telling. That’s because I believe true actors look better acting, due to which the reality shows I enjoy the most are ones that involve the common people, which bring out the best talent in our country.

Tags
nikhil arya

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->