Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Sohail takes time off for brother Arbaaz's Dabangg

Views: 2209  
Old 12-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Award Winner

Default Sohail takes time off for brother Arbaaz's Dabangg

Sohail Khan is taking a long sabbatical from his own career commitments to look after brother Arbaaz's first production Dabangg.

Earlier, it was decided that Sohail and Arbaaz would do their own thing and produce movies individually. But now the scenario has changed drastically. Veer will be the last film where audiences will get to see Sohail as an actor or producer for quite some time.

He needs me

Explains Sohail, "It's true Arbaaz and I had decided we'd produce our own films, but I think he needs me on his project. Dabangg is his first production. He also has a major role in it. He won't be able to handle it alone."

The concerned sibling has now taken seven months off to help Arbaaz. "I'll be fully there for Arbaaz until May 2010, when Dabangg gets over."

Not only are the three brothers working closely on projects produced by the Khan-daan, they have also pooled in their creative might torelease Salman's Veer which has got itself into a bit of production problem because Sallu and director Anil Sharma can't see eye to eye.

Veer will be released in the first quarter of 2010.

Sohail has no plans in the immediate future of casting Salman in one of his productions. His next could be My Punjabi Nikaah the desi adaptation of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, meant to star Sallu and Kareena. He wants to revive the project. "But not with Bhai any more. I want to make it with a younger cast. I want to cast Ranbir Kapoor or Imran Khan."v

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum