Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Ajay grateful to caring colleagues

Views: 2061  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-21-2009, 07:39 AM

Default Ajay grateful to caring colleagues

Ajay Wadhavkar is grateful to Ekta Kapoor, entire unit of Pavitra Rishta as well the directors of Nukkad for supporting him during his ill health…

Ajay Wadhavkar, the veteran actor, who essays the role of Manav's father in Zee TV and Balaji Telefilms' Pavitra Rishta is now back to do a show after an absence of three long months…

We spoke to the actor to find out why he was missing from the show. We got to know that the actor had to go through troubled times and the doctors were forced to amputate all the five toes of his left leg as gangrene had developed in that region.

Ajay Wadhavkar stresses on the fact that he is standing tall today and is able to shoot because of the immense support that Ekta Kapoor showered on him.

"I have high diabetes and sometime in June this year I developed a wound under my left foot which I ignored due to my busy work schedule. Later it got so worse that the doctors had to remove all the five toes on my left foot. My first operation happened on 21st July and I needed three long months to get back in shape," he tells us.

Ekta Kapoor and the entire unit of Pavitra Rishta have been a big support to the actor. "I'm grateful to Ektaji and Balaji who took care of the entire hospital expenses. They even dropped my pay-cheque at home for the month, I couldn't shoot for them. If this wasn't enough, Kundan Shah and Aziz Mirza who directed me years back in Nukkad took care of the rest of the expenses when I went for my second operation, that is, for the plastic surgery."

When asked about his present condition the actor says, "I am 90% fine and I'm being given special sandal to fit my foot. The whole unit of Pavitra Rishta takes care of me when I'm shooting. However, I find it difficult to work for long hours. Also climbing up and down the stairs is a strain to my legs."
With such love and support from colleagues, we are sure the pain is easier to bear. We wish the actor good health.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->